Rental Questions for 1st Timer

jlacy1987

My family of 3 (including 10 year old son) will be traveling to Bermuda for the first time in September on Carnival Sunrise. We'll arrive at 5pm one day, have a full day the next day, and leave at 5pm the day after that (so 2 overnights). 

I know we can rent gear (like snorkeling equipment) at several of the beaches but I haven't been able to find anything about the cost of the rentals. Does anyone have a picture of what the typical rental costs are for things like snorkeling gear, kayaks, chairs, etc? 

Our current plan is to go to Turtle Beach the first morning because I would love to snorkel and see turtles at the same time then maybe head to Tom Moore's Jungle to explore or to go to Hamilton to walk around and shop. Then the last morning, we'll go to Horseshoe Bay Beach so my son can swim with other kids and have a fun time before we head back to the ship to leave. So I am kind of specifically looking for rental cost information at those 2 beaches, although I'm good with a ballpark estimate if no one has that information.

We are also weighing renting a car or scooters or simply using the ferries/minibuses. The current plan is to take a ferry to St. George then a taxi to Clearwater/Turtle Beach. Then take another taxi to Tom Moore's Jungle (or Hamilton) and then another back to St. George before taking the ferry back to the dock. And then taking the minibus to and from Horseshoe Bay Beach the next day. All told that will cost us about $160 in ferry/taxi fees. I haven't really been able to find rental car information for something that can seat more than 2 people, but if you have that information please share it!

2 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The only car rentals are two seater electric microcars. 

Below is a screenshot of rental prices at Horseshoe Bay.

90C7DE5A-CE19-4DDA-878D-F45C58E5AB6B.jpeg

Thank you! This is very helpful! And I was afraid of that rental car info. So we'd either have to rent 2 or use our original plan. 

I also don't think that non-residents are able to rent a actual car in Bermuda.  Maybe what lacy1987 is referring to is the Twizzy?  Those tourists could rent.  Also for $40 to rent at 2 places you might be better off just picking up a set at home.  I've seen Body Glove ones at Costco or Sam's for $30 or so.  

Edited by nicoleinwi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nicoleinwi said:

I also don't think that non-residents are able to rent a actual car in Bermuda.  Maybe what lacy1987 is referring to is the Twizzy?  Those tourists could rent.  

The Twizy’s were the first electric mini cars that could be rented. There are now some other electric mini car models that can be rented but all the rental cars are two seaters.