Tender Question

dyanna72

Is there any time of year in which you can almost always get a tender to the island? I will be on RCCL Navigator in Nov & this is one stop I am hoping to make since I have not been there before. I know it is not guaranteed but still hope we make it there.

I've read that the winter months are tough for tendering (I don't know which months would be the best). I certainly hope you make it to GC, because it is such a lovely place. I thought I'd read that November was a pretty good month for tendering...

We were there a week or so ago, and on Friday, a storm blew in. Well, it was windy and the water was choppy, but it didn't rain (only a little). On Friday, the ships made a beeline for the horizon in the early afternoon, and the next day the ship that was scheduled in had to use the facility on the other side of the island. It was too choppy on the George Town side to tender. I'm not sure what they have on the other side, we only saw the ship from a distance.

Anyway, by Monday, it was still choppy, but there were a lot of ships in port. I think they do their best to tender people to the island.

Have a fun cruise...and I hope you get to see GC. I think odds are in your favor! :)

Hi,

We were on the EOS in nov 04 and tendered in Georgetown with no problems. The tenders are bi level and take a lot of people and are quite stable.

If you're running from a hurricane/storm the ship's captain would rather stay at sea.

Ciao for now!!!

Archived