Amerisuites Ft. Lauderdale

crusinKimmie

I booked 3 rooms for 2/24/06 several months ago through Valuetrips for $100 each. I was hoping to get it cheaper through Priceline, but no luck. Last year, I got the Hyatt in Miami for $42 in February (beautiful room, view, etc.) so felt sure I'd do okay in Ft. Lauderdale.

Anyways, I am going to be cancelling one of the rooms this Friday. We have 6 adults and 1 baby, but since it's a suite, there's no reason we can bunk together in 2 rooms for 1 night. Flights don't get in until 10:00 p.m. and then we will leave for Port of Miami at 10:00 the next a.m.

Why am I telling you all this? First, anyone else having luck with Priceline that I should know about? Second, if anyone has been trying Amerisuites through Valuetrips and not having luck due to being booked, etc., I'll be making a room available on Friday.

We're interested in the Amerisuites for 2/24 and last I checked they were full. Thanks for the info that you're cancelling a room. I'll give it a try on Friday. Approx. when will you cancel?

Well - I'll tell ya. I'm trying to figure out how I can do this and make sure you get the room. I have a feeling they are "over-booked" and you will never get a room by calling them. The three reservations I have are in my name and under my charge card. I can try to see if they will let me change one of the rooms to your name and put your charge number on it. I don't know if they'd allow that or not.

Please understand that I would be uncomfortable leaving it in my name, my charge. If for some reason you couldn't make it - I'd get charged for not cancelling in time.

Do any of you veteran travelers have any suggestions on this one?

Normally - there isn't a problem. It's just today, when I called and said "I'm calling about reservations for Febrrrrrrrr(didn't even get the rest out) when she said "Oh, we don't have anything available".

March typically isn't as bad as Feburary. Just make sure that you have something in writing showing a confirm # as well as a "guaranteed late arrival" notification from them (not from Valuetrip or Priceline, etc.). All the day before stating you are calling to confirm. Also, if you are going to be arriving after 4:00 - I would call the hotel directly 954-763-7670 - that early afternoon or a.m. and reconfirm and let them know what time you should be arriving. After that.............you've done all you can.

I can tell you for sure that Amerisuites DOES overbook. I've seen them do it more than once. Good luck with that hotel and I would suggest you read some of the recent reviews...JMO

Some posts aren't great on Amerisuite these days. Unfortunately, at this late date, I can't find anything else that will work for us in terms of location/price, etc. We are getting in around 1:30 in the afternoon - on a Friday - so hopefully won't get bumped off/out. I would think they would have to make other accomodations for you if they don't honor the reservations - right?

Some posts aren't great on Amerisuite these days. Unfortunately, at this late date, I can't find anything else that will work for us in terms of location/price, etc. We are getting in around 1:30 in the afternoon - on a Friday - so hopefully won't get bumped off/out. I would think they would have to make other accomodations for you if they don't honor the reservations - right?

One of the times I was there they were offering to send folks to another hotel because they admitted they overbooked. That place just always seems chaotic everytime I am there...

CrusinKimmie- Thanks for the offer and credit card idea, but after thinking the whole thing over we've decided to stay with what we have. Hope you have a great cruise.

After reading some of the reviews on Amerisuites - I don't blame you:cool: . Not a problem. I hope you all have a great, safe, trip also.

After reading the latest on AmeriSuites here, and particularly about the overbooking, we decided we better find an alternate. We aren't scheduled to arrive until about 11:30 on a Saturday night, and don't want to find out then that they are overbooked. Ended up getting LaQuinta in Hollywood for $117 on March 25 through hotelclub.

Just stayed there on 1/7. Total fiasco. They were overbooked and did not get us into our rooms until 6:00. We had four rooms and only two were the type we originally booked.

They also tell you that you will get a room with two beds and a pull-out sofa bed. They may or may not actually have that room for you when you get there. The sofa bed will have no sheets and there may or may not be a pillow/blanket in the closet. They will not send anyone to your room with the needed items.

Your toilet may or may not work.

Last thing; I have stayed in many suites. This is the only place I have stayed in where the two rooms are only seperated by a 1/2 wall. It is NOT a true suite. The wall extends to about 1/3 of the length of the beds. Both rooms share the same TV. Very odd set-up.

Last thing; I have stayed in many suites. This is the only place I have stayed in where the two rooms are only seperated by a 1/2 wall. It is NOT a true suite. The wall extends to about 1/3 of the length of the beds. Both rooms share the same TV. Very odd set-up.

All of the Amerisuites are like this, not just the one in Fort Lauderdale.

Gezzz - this isn't fun. We are taking our our kids, spouses, grandbaby on a once in a lifetime cruise and reallllllly have worked so hard at trying to make everything as wonderful as possible (within our means, etc.). We were excited about Amerisuites because it was in a good location and since it's a suites, could get away with 2 rooms for 6 adults and one toddler - saving money to spend on excursions, etc.

Half of the party isn't getting in until after 10:00 p.m. and we're leaving early the next a.m. so didn't want to spend a lot.

I don't know if I should cancel and try to rebook somewhere else - but where??? Oh well, just venting - thanks for listening (reading).

Stayed there once and will not book them again. First they put us in a smoking room (very strong odor). All non-smoking rooms were taken and they insisted I booked a smoking room. I did not and when I rechecked my confirmation it said non-smoking. Second, two months after we stayed there another charge for one night shows up on our credit card. We were nowhere near Florida. This booking had been through Valuetrips and they talked to Amerisuites and had the charge removed. The guy at ValueTrips was very nice and said that Amerisuites is sloppy in their reservation entery and had used our credit card number for another reservation that was a noshow. Very unprofessional--wouldn't stay there again. I am willing to pay more to stay at a better place.

I think alot of the problem here is that they are almost always booked full or over booked. We will be there soon to see for ourselves. I would expect the later in the day that you get there the worse it is. They seem to stay full however. I will not let them spoil my cruise!

Archived