Ever use Motion Ease???

catnt2

I have an inner ear problem and get sea sick, usually when we leave port.......heading out the Florida Straights!

On our last cruise a gal had a bottle of drops (motion ease, I think) that she bought at Walmart or Walgreens. I used it the night we left and did not get sick. Not sure if the waters were extremely calm or if the drops actually work!

Has anyone heard of this product and/or used it......What is your opinion??

I saw this in Walmart the other day. The only concern I had was that it didn't list the ingredients. I've used Bonine (Meclazine 25 mg) in the past without any side effects. If you have an inner ear problem, you might want to contact your MD to see what he/she recommends.

If you have an inner ear problem, you might want to contact your MD to see what he/she recommends.

They prescribed the patch......which has huge side affects. Blurred vision, Dryness of everything, etc!! I actually cut the patch in half (I know, big No-No) but use it overnight and it stays with me for days! I just do not like the side affects!!

I've tried all the OTC pills, just wanted to see what others had to say about this one.

I used it last week!!!!! It works immediately at least for me it did. I used it on the airplane going to Fl just to see if it would help and it did. We were on the Star Western Caribbean WOW rough seas we had gale force winds and 12-17 foot seas. I used ginger pills during the day-they also aid in digestion haha good thing will all that food-but when the Capt. made the announcement that you should secure things in our cabin because thing are going to be uncomfortable I used motion-eaze.

I gave my bottle to friends that are cruising soon but it does list whats in it --cant remember all but it has lavender oil and menthol oil the smell is a little strong but hay I was not sick!!!!

I saw this in Walmart the other day. The only concern I had was that it didn't list the ingredients. I've used Bonine (Meclazine 25 mg) in the past without any side effects. If you have an inner ear problem, you might want to contact your MD to see what he/she recommends.

Where in Walmart did you find it and what is the exact name? I have not found it yet.

Here's the Motion Eaze Web site - give ingredients (mostly herbal oils) and testimonials. Suggest you check with a pharmacist or MD prior to trying and be sure to know if there are any potentials interactions between the ingredients and any routine medications that you take. I'm an RN and always cautious about taking new things without first checking them out.

http://www.motion-sickness.net/index.htm

Some have mentioned being able to get larger quantities for a decent price for Meclizine (generic over the counter for Bonine) but I can't find the sites that told me where. Can those of you that know jump in here? Bonine has served me well. Normally I'm not a queasy person but carrying it around in my purse has done wonders! 10 days at sea might be a different story so I'd like to be better prepared.

I get meclazine at any drugstore - buy store brand for much less that Bonine. I wouldn't buy large quantities unless you use it often. Look at expiration dates. I still have 2 boxes from previous trips and will need to discard and buy more...AND on most ships, you can get it at the guest relations desk FREE

Archived