Car Rental in San Pedro

Mikey0368

Apologies if this is a silly question, but this will be our first cruise and we would just like to check something.

Our Princess cruise docks in LA at the end of our cruise at 6.15am and we want to pick up a hire car in San Pedro. When will we be expected to disembark and is it a relatively quick process?

We're thinking of booking a 10am pick up for the car and obviously we would have to get from the boat to the rental office so would need to allow a bit of time for that. Presumably we could just get a cab there? (We can't use Uber or Lyft as we won't be using data on our phones).

So basically, can we just trot off the boat at about 9.30am and get a cab to San Pedro without too much difficulty?

Thanks.

There two car rentals in San Pedro, Hertz and Enterprise.  However, I believe both are closed on Sunday if that is your arrival day.  There are four on Ocean Blvd. in Long Beach, and I believe all four are open on Sunday.  Hertz, Budget, Avis and Enterprise.😃

We just disembarked off the Royal Princess at San Pedro a week ago. As was stated above, Enterprise and Hertz are the only two options  in San Pedro, and are both in or next to the Crowne Plaza hotel (easily walkable without suitcases as you can see from Google maps, a bit of a chore if you are dragging bags). Although the ship docks around 6AM =/-, disembarkation usually starts maybe 45 minutes to an hour later, and Princess really would like you off by around 9AM, though you could stretch that a bit. If you were to choose a later disembarkation time, to co-incide with the car rental office opening, you could be at the rental car counter in 15 minutes. At least that's how long it took me to walk the distance last time I did it. If you have a lot of luggage, one of you could wait at the pier with the bags while one of you could walk over and pick up the car. It's about 1200 meters, not worth a taxi IMHO.