Stingray Sandbar

sme

I am thinking of booking a tour with Soto's to go snorkling but am concerned that the water may be too rough for my family, me DW and daughter 16 and son 8, to enjoy. My wife and I took a tour with Carnival in December 04 and it was so bad people were getting sick and couldn't get in the water it was so rough. My wife was one of them.

Has anyone had the experience of cancelling with a charge showing up on a credit card???

Our trip to Ocho Rios in 04 was ruined because we were not feeling good from the Grand Cayman stop.

Soto's is one of the many reputable oeprators in GC. Don't worry about your credit card being charged by any of the operators you find recommended here - they wouldn't even attempt to do that. The water is only waist deep at Sting Ray City so don't worry about your family not being able to cope. But if it is in fact too rough, and your trip is cancelled, you also won't have to worry about Soto's charging your card. They have too much at stake to have their name dragged through the mud here and elsewhere. You'll enjoy the trip immensely. It's THE thing to do in GC.

On the other hand, if you show up and decide at the last minute that you want to cancel because the water is too rough, you should expect to pay...they are holding spots for you that they could otehrwise fill. If the trip is cancelled by the operator, then no charge would be made. Most also do not charge you if the cruise ship is not able to tender passenger ashore.

Archived