Supper Club?

trustthedj

Are drinks included in the $30.00 price for the supper club? I assume they are not, but just wanted to check. Also, seems a little pricey to me, because the regular dinners are fantastic, in my opinion. What's so very special about them? thanks:confused:

Are drinks included in the $30.00 price for the supper club? I assume they are not, but just wanted to check. Also, seems a little pricey to me, because the regular dinners are fantastic, in my opinion. What's so very special about them? thanks:confused:

No drinks aren't included. The difference between the supper club & the dining room is like the difference between Appleby's & Mortons.

The short answer is "NO", for the 30$ you get wonderful service and stupendous food!!!

Sue

This is a menu for 19 Oct 2004 for "Nick and Nora's Supper Club" on the Carnival Miracle.

My wife Derfette had the Veal Chop

And I had the Porterhouse Steak

We both felt it was well worth the $25.00 additional charge.

Starters

TRIO OF ESCARGOTS

Baked in Brioche, Wrapped in Rice Paper and Classic Bourguignonne

BEEF CARPACCIO

Sliced Raw Beef Tenderloin with Shaved Parmesan Cheese Marinated Mache Lettuce

SUSHI PLATTER

Ahi Tuna, Shrimp and Unagi with Pickled Ginger and Wasabi

ICED RUSSIAN CAVIAR

1 oz. of Sevruga Caviar with Traditional Condiments and Buckwheat Blinis An Extra $29.00 Charge will Apply

SHRIMP COCKTAIL

Colossal Black Tiger Prawns with American Cocktail Sauce

NEW ENGLAND CRAB CAKE On Roasted Pepper Remoulade

LOBSTER BISQUE WITH VINTAGE COGNAC Fleuron and Fresh Cream

BAKED ONION SOUP “LES HALLES”

A Parisian Classic

Salads

CLASSIC CAESAR SALAD

Hearts of Romaine Lettuce, Traditionally Prepared

BABY LEAF SPINACH AND FRESH MUSHROOMS

With blue cheese, warm bacon dressing.

TOSSED GARDEN SALAD

Greens, Radicchio, Tomato Wedges, Purple Onion Rings and Watercress Choice of House, Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing

Side Dishes

BAKED POTATO WITH TRIMMINGS

SAUTEED MEDLEY OF FRESH MUSHROOMS

YUKON GOLD MASH WITH WASABI HORSERADISH

SPAGHETTI WITH FRESH TOMATO SAUCE

GRILLED FRESH VEGETABLES IN SEASON

CREAMED SPINACH WITH GARLIC

Entrees

Our Steaks Are Hand Selected and Aged for 30 Days to Our Specifications. Carefully Handled and Perfectly Cooked.

BROILED NEW YORK STRIPLOIN STEAK

14 0Z. Of the Favorite Cut for Steak Connoisseurs

CLASSIC PORTERHOUSE STEAK

Combines the Full Flavor of the Strip Loin with the Tenderness of the

'Tenderloin

24 0Z. of the Best from Both Worlds

BROILED FILET MIGNON

9 OZ. for Ihe True gourmet

SURF & TURF

Seared Lobster Tail over Tomato Confit

Grilled Filet: Mignon over Cardamom Braised Carrots, Pumpkin Ravioli

ALASKAN KING CRAB CLAWS

Served Cold, with Drawn Butter and Roasted Pepper Remoulade

CHILEAN SEA BASS

Lobster Nage Braised Sea Bass over Young Spinach and Mango Salad

BROILED LOBSTER TAIL

Served With Drawn Butter

BROILED SUPREME OF FREE RANGE CHICKEN

With Blackberry- Port Wine Reduction

GRILLED LAMB CHOPS

Double-Cut Lamb Chops

Served on Five Bean Cassoulet and Rosemary Jus

BROILED PROVIMI VEAL CHOP

Center- Cut from the Highest Grade Milk-Fed Veal

Sauces Available

THREE PEPPERCORN SAUCE

WILD MUSHROOM SAUCE

SAUCE BEARNAISE

Desserts

WARM FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE

Served with Homemade Ice Cream

SYMPHONY OF MOUSSES

Dark and White Chocolate, Orange and Mocha

TRIO OF CREME BRULLEE

Served with Sugar Tuiles and phyllo cigar

FRESH FRUITS

Assembly of Tropical Fruits and berries in Season, Served with Homemade Sherbet

SELECTION OF INTERNATIONAL CHEESES

Beverages

FRESHLY BREWED COFFEE

Regular or Decaffeinated

TEA AND HERBAL TEAS

Dessert Wines

QUADY ELECTRA, CALIFORNIA $ 3. 75 WEISSER RIESLING, SOUTH AFRICA $5.75

After Dinner Drinks

GRAHAM'S SIX GRAPE 5.25 Dow's 20 YEAR TAWNY $9.95

Dow' S VINTAGE PORT, '85 $12.95

DE MONTAL ARMAGNAC SPECIAL RESERVE $8.75

HARDY, V. S . a. P . $5.75

HARDY, X. a . $9.50

CLES DES Ducs ARMAGNAC, V. S . a . P. 6.00

PINAR DEL RIO, GAUTIER x.a. 9.95

HENNESSY, X. a . 11.00

MARTELL CORDON BLEU 10.00

HENNESSY PARADIS 35. 00

COURVOISIER X. a. 11.00

REMY MARTIN LOUIS XI I I 95.00

There is no comparison between the dining room and supper club!!! WELL worth the $30pp!!

Shawswife, you could go every night if you wanted... but some nights the food in the dining room is very good, and since that is included in your fare... but if you want to do the supper club, do it as often as you would like! Make reservations as soon as you board... they will tell you what is available... good luck!

Drinks aren't included, but you can bring your own bottle of wine and the wine steward will open it for a $10 corkage fee, we did that on the Conquest. The supper club was fantabulous !!! I'd highly recommend it to anyone wanting a fine dining experience, well worth the extra $30 per person.

We were on the 12/10 sailing of Liberty. My husband was very hesitant about going because "why pay $60 when we already have all the food we can eat included in the price?". Well we ended up going and had one of the best meals ever. The service was beyond amazing in comparison to the dining room and the food was just excellent.

A good example is the Lobster Bisque. I had it at Harrys (supper club) and there were nice large pieces of lobster in it and it was the creamiest smoothest bisque.....it was so good. The next night it was available in the dining room so I ordered it again....not the same. There was a small piece of lobster meat but the bisque itself was not anywhere near as creamy. It was a thinner more soup like and you could see the oil sitting on top of the soup.

In the end, the supper club was definitely worth it.....even my husband agreed. He even thought about going back again but we ran out of nights. :)

We didn't realize how fast reservations filled up on the Conquest, we didn't make our reservation on the day we embarked and waited til the next day to make the reservation for our 30th anniversary dinner. The young lady at the reservation desk told us that the supper club was full for the night of our anniversary, when we told her it was our 30th anniversary, she asked us to wait a few minutes and then came back to us to tell us she found us a table. I'd advise making the reservations early to avoid being told no table is available, we're just happy she was accomodating to us.

Do they still require that men wear a suit and tie? Can people who have dined recently let me know if you could just go with resort casual instead? You know, nice pants and shirt for the men and nice dress for the ladies?

It's been several years since we've been on the Spirit and didn't want to dress up this cruise, but we still wanted to eat at the Supper Club.

DH and I ate at the Point on Conquest. We thought the food was good, but not that great. We found the waitstaff to be very gracious and friendly, much more so than the regular dining room staff. We purchased bottles of wine to go with our food and it was not included in the price. The atmosphere was very elegant, especially with the two-person ("band") ensemble. Driving home from the cruise, we both said, "Glad we did it. It was nice. Won't do it again unless it's a very special occassion" I thought my steak in the regular dining room was better than the one I got at the Point. You should go, if only to say you had the experience.

Happy Sailing

Archived