Millenium Sky Suite Questions

Jimbo and Katy

Hi,

I just booked a SS (#8117) on the Millenium for the 12/16/06 E. Caribbean sailing. I'm having second thoughts about this cabin since there are quite a number of SS cabins on the Penthouse Deck still available and have a couple of questions;

1) How big is the balcony on the SS cabins? The Celebrity website says 51 sq. ft. but their pictures sure make it look smaller. What type of balcony

furniture can I expect?

2) Will my balcony on the Panorama Deck get sun or will it be obstructed by the overhang 2 decks up?

3) I know that there are a number of SS cabins on the Penthouse deck that have obviously larger balconies (6125, 6126, 6131, 6132, 6145, 6146) but what about the others - how do they compare in cabin and balcony size to the SS cabins on the upper decks?

4) Any other pros/cons to being on the Penthouse deck vs. the Panorama Deck?

Thanks in advance for your help. We've never sailed on Celebrity and the Millenium looks like a wonderful ship to try.

Jimbo

If you can get 6131 or 6132 or 6145 or 6146, I'd JUMP at them!!!! 31 & 32 have HUGE balconies with angles for GREAT views. Yes, you will get sun, just depends on the direction you are going during the day. 45 & 46 are located next to the PH's & have darker but much more elegant woods & furnishings as they also have adjoining doors & are used as part of the PH sometimes. 6125 & 6126 also have nice angled balconies.

If you do a search on these boards for cabin #'s, you will find a lot of pix of these cabins. The larger balconies can accomodate chairs, loungers & a nice sized table for 4 (only 2 loungers though).

Jimbo,

I am in SS #8117 on the Infinity (a sister ship), sailing February 5, I will try to remember to report back after my cruise to let you know about this cabin. I debated between CC and SS, but decided to splurge on the suite. From what I have read, I suspect the SS's on Infinity and Millie are similar. Again, from what I have read, JNLRose is correct about those "special" cabins, but I also think it is very hard to snag those, as they are known to be the best of their category and are reserved way in advance. At least I wasn't able to reserve one of those, after checking a number of different cruises.

JNLROSE and TexasLawGirl,

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

TexasLawGirl - I'd be interested in what you think after your cruise and any pictures of the cabin and balcony that you might be willing to share.

Thanks again!!!

Jimbo

Archived