Mariner of the seas, suite experience.

Good morning everyone. This is my first time on the mariner of the seas and wanted to write a quick review of our trip so far. We’re a family of four-two kids ages 3 and 6. Also traveled with my mother, her husband, my sister , and her friend. This review will mainly focus on the suite experience and my experience on the cruise line from the perspective of a parent. 

Prior to cruise-we stayed at the ritz Carlton orlando for two nights prior to the cruise. Our third time there-overall a relaxing alternative for those who are not looking for the Disney vibe. 

Embarkation-left orlando around 830 and the drive to the port was about an hour. The signage was very clear and we were able to drop off our bags and park the car by 10 am. Next went inside the port for check in-there we had a slight hiccup. I (silly me) decided to 

not print out my sail pass because I had the app. As we stood in line, I found out you can’t go to the royal website to pull up the pass, only via the app. It took about 10 mins for me to remember my app password since I rely so heavily on the phone remembering it for me. The ladies checking us in were lovely and patient. Once pulled up, the quickly pulled up our information.

Since we prechecked online, they handed us a blue sign that said checked in and pointed us to the empty security line. There were clear signs for suites and pinnacles, but since we were so early, there was no line anywhere. I did ask about the Key check in-was told there was no line for them but they had a separate check in area once they passed security. My mother said she had no problem checking in. 

Once passed security, we went upstairs and went to the suite/pinnacle area to the right. It was a large, open area that had separate bathrooms and a coffee/juice section. Plenty of seating but we were only there for about 15 minutes because they stated boarding pretty early. Went through a quick line after showing the sail pass on my phone and onto the boat we went. Had to make a quick stop at a table for the kids to get muster wrist bands and kids club paperwork, then went onto the boat. Overall a quick and speedy process. No complaints. 

Onboard-entered the boat on the 5 floor, right next to the excursion desk. Second in line, we were able to pick our chill island cabana location and was given a quick rundown of what to expect. She was very helpful,, guided us to choose cabana four since t was a little bigger with front row water views. Then we walked the promenade for a few minutes but that was a little stressful with all our carry ons. Decided instead to head to the third floor dining room for the suite/pinnacle lunch which started at 1130. Relaxed and delicious meal helped set the tone of our trip. We were done by 1pm, then headed to chops grill to check on my mom. She was happily enjoying her Key lunch, said check I was quite smooth and they received clear instructions about their benefits. Since they were tucked away, we headed off to see our room. 

Room- we have the two bedroom suite on the 9th floor. I read a lot of reviews so knew what to expect. Definitely not the Ritz, but spacey and cozy for the 4 of us. And a great expansive balcony. And tons of storage spaces-the bedroom had three closets plus the hallway had a walk in. Kids room had lots of drawers and books and crannies so we were able to unpack everything without an issue. On the table, we had gifts from our travel agent (cupcakes, credits, and fruit basket) plus the concierge, Nadja, left a folder entitled suite life, which listed al the benefits. She also booked our galley and bridge tour for the following morning. My husband had a question about pressing and the concierge quickly took care of it-had the room steward send out his blazers and shirts, free of charge. Nadga was great, attentive and quick to answer any questions and address all concerns. 

Suite benefits-outside of the regular things like access to lounge, there were a lot of nice things like a separate seating section on the dining room, sun deck, and show area. Dining room menu was placed in the room and you could place your order by 6pm for delivery. But I think the best part was the bridge tour, great way to learn more about how the shop works. 

Activities-that’s the only limitation. There were a lot to do for teens and older kids but very limited activities for kids under 6. Thankfully they liked the kids club (which was not busy). And in the room, they had plenty of room to run around and the tv programming was more than adequate. On the first day, we did the ice show-kids thought it was delightful (bring a jacket) Suites had a section to the left and right of the center stage.

Day two, we took the kids to see the juggler act. He had a few ‘adult’ jokes but they were tasteful and flew right over the kids heads. Then we went to the silent party. The room was full of kids and families and the music was a great range from 70’s to modern music. Everything from YMCA, Living on a prayer, songs from Troll sound track, to Black eyed peas. It was so much fun watching a room full of people silently jamming to the station of their choice. My kids danced and partied till 11pm. My mother happily sat in the couch, enjoying the night. 

Day three-woke up at 5 to head to the gym. I thought it opened at 6 but by the time I entered, there were plenty of people working it. I have the impression that it’s 24 hours. It’s well appointed with life fitness machines-I love weight lifting and was able to get in a proper work out. Next we went to breakfast in the dining room at 830-lots a food, attentive servers. We decided we’ve been to Nassau enough so we’ll make it a ship day

We then dropped the kids at the kids club (only four kids total). There were so few kids they combined the two classes. Right now, we’re in the solarium, which is pleasantly quiet and empty. I’m going to take a pause and update later this evening. I want to put my take on coming the suite experience of royal vs carnaval (the quick version is there’s no comparison). But all in all, I’m loving royal and plan to head to the suite around 5 to plan my next trip (next cruise supposedly sets up on the lounge from 5-7 daily). I’ll also add pics once I figure out how.