Family Excursion ideas

iowacruiser5

My family and I will be cruising on the Valor (Eastern Carribean) in April and we are trying to book our excursions now (as my parents were a little frenzied last time we cruised and booked them when we got on the ship). We have quite the age spread and we were wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I have a 13 year old sister and a 21 year old brother and I'm 24 (we are your typical college kids - up for pretty much anything ie snorkling, parasailing, shopping etc) and then my parents (mid to upper 40s - my mom has bad knees). Our ports are Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Marteen. We would like to do one or two family excursions and since my brother and I are a little more able we would like to do something we could only do down there (as you can tell from our name we are from Iowa and there's not a whole lot of ocean around here :) ) ANY feedback about any of the excursions would be helpful! Thanks!

We are also going on a family cruise this year. Our age ranges from 3-70. In St. Thomas, I booked a tour with Sunny LIston. He takes you shopping, then sightseeing, then to a beach for snorkeling, parasailing, or just hanging out. It sounds like something for everyone. Maybe you could look into something like that. Good luck and have a great time!

In St. Maarten I would recommend either the America's Cup regatta or the Lord Sheffield for your entire group. Lord Sheffield is a relaxing day sail and snorkel trip with good food and drink along the way. The regatta is a chance to race the big yachts with different levels of paticipation. They are both reviewed heavily in the "port of call" section of this message board.

In St. Thomas my oldest DD and I went diving while my wife and the younger ones took a taxi to the beach to hang out.

Archived