Embarkation at Majorca - what to expect?

Really easy at Majorca.

15 - 20 minutes from the airport, they take you to the cruise terminal, have your photo taken, give your card details and on to the ship.

Really painless whenever we have sailed from there.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, pgilc1 said:

Have a fly cruise booked on Discovery 2, mid September and we are joining her at Majorca.

Whats the embarkation process like there? 

The cruise terminal is, as has already been said, only a very short ride from the airport.

If several coaches arrive at once there can be quite a queue for checking in but there are numerous desks so the queue moves quickly.  A cold drink is available whilst you queue which is useful on hot days.

At the check in desk you will have your photo taken for your cruise card ID and be asked if you want to register a credit or debit card for on board spends.

When your check in is complete (and you have been collared by the ships photographer for an 'arrival' photo lol) go up the escalator to the upper floor and through security then straight on to the ship.  A relatively quick and painless procedure!

Your luggage may take some considerable time to arrive at your cabin so take sunbathing clothes in your hand luggage so you can change straight away.

• Thanks 1

How long is it before you can get  into your cabin?

We are making our own way to the ship as staying in Majorca before hand.  With it being a late departure 10pm are you able to get onto the ship then get off for a little while on embarkation day?

1 hour ago, Fluffy Rabbit said:

We are making our own way to the ship as staying in Majorca before hand.  With it being a late departure 10pm are you able to get onto the ship then get off for a little while on embarkation day?

We did this @ Gran Canaria in March.  We weren't given any direction as to what time we could embark at so we turned up at 11.30.  No problems at all and straight on

If I was doing it again I'd go earlier.  Prob for 10.00 as suggested.

Also on the day you're leaving the ship you can suit yourself as to time.  You will have to vacate your room but I think we stayed on the ship to 17.00 or so.  No issues at all.

As we live in Spain and don't require flights from the UK we always do 'cruise only'.  We time our arrival for just before the first TUI coach is due from the airport to guarantee that the check in desks will be manned/open; we are generally on board by 10.30 a.m.  Apart from on one occasion, our cabin has always been ready straight away and the one time it wasn't we just went for a late breakfast until the stewards had had time to do the changeover. 

After checking in and boarding the ship you can get off to do a bit of exploring BUT have to be back on board in time for the compulsory safety muster; as a 'cruise only' passenger you won't have details of the time of this (TUI package passengers are told on the transfer bus) so need to ask at reception before going ashore.

On the day you leave the ship you can stay on board until you need to leave for the airport - latest we have left is 7 p.m. - and can use all the ships facilities including restaurants and AI drinks up to disembarking.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Presumably, campolady, as you live on the island you could disembark just before she sets sail😉

I assume so Pensioncruiser - we don't live on the island so generally have a plane to catch which is why we have always left by 7 p.m. but I am sure people who do live in home port could stay considerably later.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, campolady said:

I assume so Pensioncruiser - we don't live on the island so generally have a plane to catch which is why we have always left by 7 p.m. but I am sure people who do live in home port could stay considerably later.

When we did Cruise only from Gran Canaria there was literally no indication of when we needed to leave the ship.  As has been said, as long as you were off it before she set sail i dont think they would have cared.

I think that few people do cruise only that they dont particularly care.

We've had Palma as a port call on other lines and have docked in two places. One near the main road to the cathedral  and one further away near the naval base and Porto Pi fortress.  Which terminal is used by Marella?   TIA

1 hour ago, suekay said:

We've had Palma as a port call on other lines and have docked in two places. One near the main road to the cathedral  and one further away near the naval base and Porto Pi fortress.  Which terminal is used by Marella?   TIA

We have sailed with Marella six times from Palma - 5 times we have been at the main cruise terminal opposite the Auditorium and just once out at the far dock/naval base (the crew said it was very unusual for them to dock there).  A shuttle was provided into the city centre the one time we were at the far dock.

Thanks everyone for the info, it has been a great help.  Its great that we can stay on the ship on the last day for as long as we want.  I have never heard of this before, we have always had to be off straight away with other lines.

Does anyone know when you are advised of your cabin number, we have an ocean view, deck 7,9 or 10 on 16th July, 2019 leaving Palma.

Edited by Fluffy Rabbit
More info required

Thanks everyone for the info, it has been a great help.  Its great that we can stay on the ship on the last day for as long as we want.  I have never heard of this before, we have always had to be off straight away with other lines.

Does anyone know when you are advised of your cabin number, we have an ocean view, deck 7,9 or 10 on 16th July, 2019 leaving Palma.

As you are not boarding following a TUI flight you will not get your cabin number until you arrive at Palma check in (unless you have paid to pre-book a particular cabin of course).

• Thanks 1