Ncl Escape Haven

PLSRM

Just reserved my birthday cruise on the Escape for Jan 2020 leaving out of Miami. Since it’s my birthday I thought of trying out the Haven. Question is regarding the food at the Haven restaurant. Does the menu change everyday for breakfast and lunch? Also, how was staying in the Haven?

The Haven on Escape is awesome. The menu will vary a bit but not much. Thankfully, as a perk of the Haven, you can also order from other dining venues and have it delivered directly to your cabin. Ask your Butler for menus, if not already available.

I,ve not been on the Escape, but the Haven on Epic was heaven! The Haven restaurant menu is fixed, but I understand some ships will do dinner specials (this was not the case on Epic). Breakfast has a nice little continental buffet, in addition to a menu. Lunch has a full restaurant menu, as well as a poolside snack menu (burgers, wraps, etc).

The menus do not change.  However,  breakfast is a small buffet in addition to what is on the menu.  Also, you can order food from anywhere on the ship that is open at the time you are in the Haven restaurant.  If it is from a specialty restaurant, the charges will apply.  The Haven chef will also be able to make anything you request as long as they have the ingredients for it.  

The menu is fixed, does not change.    But still it is the best dining on the ship and definitely the best service.    Cagney's for steaks, great but it won't be any better than the steak you'll get in the Haven restaurant with better Haven service.    

The other great food is at Food Republic.   Its tapas.    Creative, small plates in a very casual setting.   Food Republic is not a part of the dining plans, it's a la carte.    I also liked the dinner theater, I liked the show and the food wasn't bad no matter what the reviews say!    If you book this the first night of the cruise there is a discount.    The other restaurants were all fine but a big step below the haven dining.    My recommendation with Haven dining is to let all the other Haaven guests dine there the first evening of the cruise.   Its really, really busy that night, then the next night all those Haven guests get the idea to go somewhere else for dinner, the second night of the cruise the Haven dining room isn't crowded at all.   This is a great night to go!    

I like the Escape Haven, it's not as nice as the Epic Haven.   Its pretty crowded as far as Haven'tsgo.   They really have maxed out the amount of Haven guests they can squeeze in.   The bar is really small and located inside the lobby with the concierge desk.    Other NCL ships have separate dedicated Haven bars.   But it is still nice.   The sundeck is too small for the amount of Haven passengers on this ship.   Unlike other NCL Haven's it is so small that there aren't nearly enough sun loungers and the chair hogs come out.    Also the Haven smoking area is on this small sun deck, it's already small enough and now they have a half partition blocked off for the smokers, it doesn't even keep the smoke out of the sundeck very well......but still nice.    

My other advice, if booking Specialty Dining, wait until you get on the ship and let the Haven concierge book that.   Don't book it ahead online.    The Haven Conceirge will be able to get you the exact time you want to eat, also when they make the reservation you will get the best choice of seating in the restaurant.   If you want a booth, you can request.   Not so trying to book online.   

Happy Birthday to you!

The Haven is wonderful - as is the restaurant. Amazing food & service...

The menu does not change, but you can ask for essentially anything from any restaurant (except sushi for sanitary reasons) and they will bring to you. They also have nightly specials.. 

The breakfast buffet is outstanding - it's just so elegant and the selection is wonderful . Plus..the French Press coffee which I think has it's own fan page!

One of the nicest things about the Escape Haven restaurant is the outdoor area - our favorite place to eat in nice weather. 

In general, the Haven is a wonderful place to spend a vacation, and you will have the birthday of your lifetime there! 

Amy

On 6/2/2019 at 2:44 PM, Vyhanek said:

They really have maxed out the amount of Haven guests they can squeeze in

Aren’t they getting ready to recategorize a lot of cabins to squeeze even more “Haven” priced cabins in? There was a thread around here to that effect a few weeks ago, haven’t seen it lately.

Edited by perditax

3 hours ago, perditax said:

Aren’t they getting ready to recategorize a lot of cabins to squeeze even more “Haven” priced cabins in? There was a thread around here to that effect a few weeks ago, haven’t seen it lately.

The total number of Haven suites on Escape (95) is unlikely to change. Certain suites on certain ships are having some suite amenities (such as the butler) removed. I think (not sure) that some of the Haven Spa suites on Escape will lose Spa access and become just Haven suites with a tub in the livingroom. On Escape, all suites should have butler, concierge, and Haven access but when NCL makes changes, anything is possible....

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The total number of Haven suites on Escape (95) is unlikely to change. Certain suites on certain ships are having some suite amenities (such as the butler) removed. I think (not sure) that some of the Haven Spa suites on Escape will lose Spa access and become just Haven suites with a tub in the livingroom. On Escape, all suites should have butler, concierge, and Haven access but when NCL makes changes, anything is possible....

By the way, as much as I am currently of two minds about NCL (like their product, hate the staff cutbacks), I do appreciate that you have a pretty exhaustive understanding of the cabin categories and are always willing to share your info.