FLL port to FLL

LDinCT

How long does it take to get from the ship at FLL port to FLL? Debating on time for return, fares are much less before 12. I was able to make it from Miami port to FLL airport by 9:30 in Dec. What's the earliest you would feel comfortable booking a flight out? Knowing of course they have 10 other flights that day going to NYC? Thanks.

Port Everglades and FLL are adjacent, it's a 5-10 minute drive depending on which part of the port your ship is docked in.

However, on winter/spring weekends when there are always a lot of ships in port FLL is an absolute zoo! The lines for check-in and security are extremely long at times. Many people miss their flights at FLL because the airport is so close to the port and they think "no problem", but they don't realize how overwhelmed that airport gets on winter/spring weekends.

You also have no idea if there are going to be Customs, Immigration, or baggage handling delays. There's really no way to answer this because what happens, or what works one week, doesn't the next. Personally I wouldn't be comfortable with a flight before Noon, and even then I'd want to be first off the ship.

Yeah it was 10:10 or 3:00, so went with 3. I'll check flat status before I debark and see if there is a lot of space to possibly stand by on the 10:10, otherwise will mosey off ship instead of doing the 6 am rush. Very hard to get the kiddies up after they've been out late on the last night.

LDinCT

Yeah it was 10:10 or 3:00, so went with 3. I'll check flat status before I debark and see if there is a lot of space to possibly stand by on the 10:10, otherwise will mosey off ship instead of doing the 6 am rush. Very hard to get the kiddies up after they've been out late on the last night.

LDinCT

baesue here; I read all of the posts to your question and I agree with Trent. The biggest problem you have is that when your ship arrives, there will also be 6 - 10 other ships arriving at the same time. And since most cruisers fly, they rush to the airport hoping to catch an early flight. You know what airport security is like when there's not many people traveling so just figure what it will be like when hundreds or even thousands of people are trying to get onto flights. I suggest removing the 10:10 flight from your mind. Let the kids sleep in, you should chill out and plan for the 3.

baesue

You not only have most of the people from the Port Everglades ships, but also a lot of people from the Port of Miami ships who use FLL due to the lower fares... It's not uncommon to have well over 20,000 people dumped on FLL in a 3 hour period... And that DOES create quite the mess! :eek:

3pm is great, 10:10am would be difficult to impossible... Why rush and stress yourself out, you're on vacation! ;)

Archived