Passion Island Adventure

Necie

Has anyone ever been on this excursion? Is it suitable for children? What exactly can you do there? We will be on the Conquest on 7/11/2004 and since this is our first cruise, not sure exactly what to do?

Not sure if it will be offered for that cruise but more than likely if you are stopping in Cozumel it will be. I loved this so much that I will be doing this excursion again next October. When I went, we were just about the only group there so it was quiet. This might have been atypical. It was relaxing!!! A beautiful beach and the food was very good and the beverages were free. I am not into partying and felt that this option lent itself to middle of the road options. You asked about children. I would say that the beach would not lend itself to very young childrren but older kids would be ok just because of the depth of the water. I just remeber it being a very nice place and I can hardly wait to go back.

Hope this helps

Joan

Sail on....

Tropical_drink.gif

My husband and I did the Passion Island in Sept, but it was right after a hurricane so a lot of the beach activities were not available. I know people have said they have volleyball (we did see nets). We did snorkeling and our son loves to snorkle. He was 9 at the time. We did take beach balls, rafts, with us, so we did love the time there.

playful_dolphin_e0.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=2211ff&cdt=2002;9;08;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0700

Destiny 05/27/2001

Victory 06/16/2002

Voyager 09/08/2002

We have been there twice. The first time the weather was bad - strong wind blowing sand everywhere. The second time the weather was beautiful up to about 40 minutes before we had to leave, when the wind picked up and blew sand everywhere again.

But the place is beautiful and clean,great swimming. If your kids love sand and water they will have a blast - unless they get blasted from blowing sand.

Jim in Utah

Crown Monarch (Jerry Jeff Walker Music Cruise) Jan 93

Star Princess Dec 93

Norwegian Wind Nov 99

Dawn Princess Nov 00

Dawn Princess Nov 01

Star Princess Nov 02

Carnival Celebration(Larry Joe Taylor Musical Cruise) Jan 03

Sun Princess Aug 03

Carnival Celebration (Brian Burns Musical cruise) Nov 03

Carnival Spirt Apr 04

Sapphire Princess Jan 05

I took that excursion last year and wasn't that impressed. It was a pretty beach, but no more pretty than Doctors Cave in Jamaica for $5. The food was good and the drinks were free, but it was not worth the money in my opinion. We were looking forward to this "heaven" all week and were disappointed. We won't be doing it again this year.

Just my opinion....

Sovereign of the Seas 06/00

Inspiration 06/02

Carnival Conquest 06/03

Carnival Conquest 05/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;5;30;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0600 Until the Conquest sails!!!!!

Necie, I will be doing this excursion next month, on my first cruise, too. I will be on the Sensation. Will write a review when I return and tell you all about it. I will keep in mind about the children as I check it out - I have 4 myself, so would notice these things anyway.

Sensation 5/15/2004

We did the Passion Island about 1 1/2 weeks ago on the Miracle and while the white, fine-grain sand beach (which allows you to walk out yards and yards without getting deeper than 4 or 5 feet), the good food (chicken, salad, and a killer guacamole), and the included drinks (both soft and hard) were good, we did not appreciate the VERY PESKY and aggressive photographer who will even chase you out into the water to get you to pose for pictures (extra cost $$$$$), nor the very brasen trolling for extra tips by the "chef" on the ride back from the island to Cozumel (sorry, but why did we just fork out $75 per person?).

Other than the sad playing for extra money, it is a beautiful place, very relaxing or very active depending on what you want to make of it. It was HOT and I would recommend LOTS of sun-screen.... something which I forgot to apply after having been in the water and ended up with a wicked sunburn...

It's rustic, but beautiful, and reminded me of campgrounds I used to go to back in the 60's.

We did Passion Island last October and had a good time. I have to say, the sand and land area are beautiful, but the water actually leaves something to be desired. We were expecting crystal clear blue waters and it actually was more of a grey color. It is a fun excursion and the food is good and the free drinks are flowing nonstop!Very clean facilities!Not crowded at all!

We were there a week ago exactly! It was awesome! It was $89 per person (same price for kids). We have three girls (16, 12 & 11) and we all fit in one jeep just fine.

It was our most expensive tour, but it was almost worth it (see below for our problem). They had the food out all day and handed out rum punch too. Games for the kids (pinatas) and balloon toss for everyone. Hammocks were all over and really nice beach chairs. It's a limited tour, so you have the beach to yourselves with only around 100 people (at the most).

My one complaint (and I was TICKED) was the tender from the Paradise. We got there around noon and were to meet in the Rex Disco at 11:30. We did NOT need a tender ticket since we booked an early tour. Well, there was no sound system that worked for the cruise director so half our tour didn't hear that we had been called to our tender boat. Half the people on there had tender tickets (I think the tour people should get off FIRST, like they stated would happen). SO, we had to wait at the port for almost 2 hours for the rest of our tour to show. Actually, some never showed up and ended up getting refunds. We were SUPPOSE to be back at the port at 5-5:30pm. We got back at 7:45! By then, the Paradise was able to dock (other ships had left). We ran on the ship to dump off our swim stuff and ran back off. We were there until midnight. Our girls wanted to shop SOOOO bad. We took the taxi to the Forum Shop area (3 miles up) where the shopping dude on our ship said would be the best. He went on and on during his talks that the stores stay open until the ships leave. NOPE! We got up there and stores were closing in front of us. Diamonds International, Touch of Gold. Del Sol....etc... We were TICKED! We took the cab back to the port area and shopped there (had no other choice).

We complained to Carnival and the guy actually told my DH that we were lying that the stores were closing and that if they were Carnival guaranteed stores, then they WERE open. Oh, DH was beyond pissed. We weren't asking for a refund, only a discount. This tour cost us almost $500 and for that much, you should get perfection. We didn't. We had to stand at the port for over 2 hours waiting for out tour (couldn't leave because we thought the others would show up), then we got back over 2 hours late.

This was our first cruise and the way they treated us with this problem will cause us NEVER to book with Carnival again.

Max, Karen & girls sail off on the Paradise!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;4;4;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I understand your disappointment with the tour. That is something that I do not like about booking with Carnival esp. if you have to tender or if another problem arises. I got stuck on a hot bus in Grand Cayman once for over 45 minutes waiting for 2 people to join a tour. GC didn't let us tender in right away (2 weeks after Sept. 11th) and the people were on the ship trying to get their money back and not go on the tour. Carnival would not refund it because the tour was not canceled so they finally joined us and the tour got rushed so we could leave when we should have.

Meanwhile, DH was stuck because his tour was canceled and Camp was closed for our daughter since it was after noon (they now stay open till 2). She was very little and he didn't want to have to lug her or her and a stroller on and off the tender or busy streets of GC.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

I'm getting the drift that if you book a tour with Carnival, you must always wait for some so-n-so who decided to take their time getting to the meeting place? If you book a private tour do you have to contend with this lack of courtesy, also? Someone should make it known to everyone that if you dillydally you will be holding up the whole bunch!! Kinda like disposing the carnival towels of the chairhogs.

Sensation 5/15/2004

Archived