Anyone stayed at the San Juan Intercontinental

JacobOliver

I have not stayed there, but I did walk through the pool area. It was very beautiful! If there is a good deal, I think it would be great. May want to read reviews on trip advisor. Some people have said it is noisy. I would not hesitate to stay there, however. The place looked great to me.

Janet

We stayed there last January for two nights. It was fine and I would recommend it to anyone. We didn't have any problems with noise. We had a room facing away from the ocean. The pool area is great - you must be a guest to get access - and they have a nice area to eat on a deck right by the beach and water.

We stayed at the Intercontinental on December 19th and 20th, 2005 after our Golden Princess cruise. We loved it. We had stayed at the Hilton pre-cruise and payed a little more. Our room at the Intercontinental was clean, service was great. Hotel food prices were a little high but there were plenty of places to walk nearby as well. Found a little grocery store directly across the street to buy pop and chips. (Every room has a refrigerator). There is a Ponderosa, Walgreens, etc. within walking distance. Plenty of security. We would stay there again in a heartbeat. You could hear the planes and traffic at times but they were about the same noise level as staying near the Miami Port. Enjoy your trip!

• 11 months later...
How far is the hotel from the cruise port and are there restaurants within walking distance?

There are many restaurants.

The Metropol (Cuban) lots of locals and tourist eat there.

Lupi's (Mexican)

Mia Casista {sp?)across the street in the strip mall is like a small family owned diner,tye, very reasonable for breakfast. There is also a SUBWAY sandwich shop and a bakery and a grocery store that sells liquor there.

In the hotel a Japanese restaurant Momoyama, Ruth Chris Steakhouse.

On the ocean a bar area for dinner and lunch.

In the Water Club hotel there is an Asian Fusion rest.

Lots of places to dine.

Archived