Trent - Holiday Inn Express Air/Sea Port?

berbet

Trent: Last Dec. we stayed at Holiday Inn Port Everglades on your recommendation and we found it to be a great location. I just called tonight to try and reserve it for Oct. but it is booked due to a boat show. They suggested we stay at their sister property, Holiday Inn Express FT.LAUDERDALE AIR/SEA PORT, 1150 W. STATE RD 84. I've booked it, but wondered how it is. Also, are they any restaurants within walking distance? They don't have to be fancy. Last Dec. we just grabbed a burger at Durty Harry's near the Port Everglades H.Inn. It was enough to tide us over until breakfast. Any help you can give will be appreciated. Thanks!

Well that other HIX is okay as a hotel, but the location is bad. I never recommend anything on State Road 84, it's not a nice area, not at all safe at night, and no, there's really not much of anything to walk to (not that you would want to anyway).

Did you try the Extended Stay America next door to the Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th Street? It's a very nice budget hotel... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

If the other SE 17th Street hotels are full or too pricey for you, you might try the La Quinta in Hollywood. It's a nice place and has a number of restaurants within walking distance... http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ985

Thanks, Trent. Extended Stay showed there were no rooms available on line. When I called the property the deskclerk showed there was a room available. 1 person would have been $114.00, but she said 2 were $84.99!? I booked it, but was not comfortable that she knew what she was talking about. I hope we do have a room! I'm looking at other hotels as a backup. LaQuinta in Hollywood says it is $200 a nite. What about Best Western Marina Inn and Yacht Harbor at

2150 Southeast 17th Street Causeway? The rate is $107 and on line claims it is available. Looks like it has free airport and cruise port transportation. Would you recommend this property?

Oh no no no... BW Marina is the biggest dump in town! It's very run down, and filthy. You do NOT want to stay there at all! I'm not surprised that one's available during boat show week, most who stay there say never again, and one gentleman said he slept in his car because he couldn't stand the smell in the room. :eek:

I would call the Extended Stay back tomorrow when the "day shift" is there and confirm the reservation, dates, etc. I trust you got a confirmation number?

Thanks, Trent. I did get a confirm. # and I called them today during the "day shift". They confirmed that I do, indeed, have a room. I got the reservationist to fax me confirmation, too. I asked why the rate was different for 2 people (cheaper) vs. 1 person. When I said $84.99 she said, oh the rate is much more during the boat show. The rooms are like $160. But then she told me because I'd gone ahead and booked it and given them my cc # at the $84.99 quote, that they would honor it. Great deal!!! I didn't ask, but do they offer airport shuttle service or shuttle to the pier? I didn't see it mentioned on their website so my guess is no. Thanks for all your help!

No, ESA doesn't have any shuttles, but it's less than 10 minutes from FLL and only a block from the entrance to the port, so a cab will be pretty cheap... You did get a GREAT price, especially for boat show week! Hope you have a great stay, and cruise! :)

Archived