WESTERN MED ON EPIC - Review from a Solo Traveller

suron

I was on Epic 15th May from Rome and have posted a review which although written from a solo traveller's viewpoint I hope it will give others some insight as to what to expect on this itinerary.

www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=658594 

Suzanne 

• Like 1

Suzanne - thank you for posting your review of your Med cruise.  We are also embarking in Rome although the majority appears to be embarking in Barcelona.  A question for you: when you got to the cruise port in Rome, what did you do with your luggage?  Do they have porters who will bring them on to the ship like in the USA or do we have to bring them aboard ourselves?  I don't recall any reviews that mentioned the boarding process from Rome and hope you can shed some light on this.  Thanks in advance for your help.

33 minutes ago, cidymom said:

Suzanne - thank you for posting your review of your Med cruise.  We are also embarking in Rome although the majority appears to be embarking in Barcelona.  A question for you: when you got to the cruise port in Rome, what did you do with your luggage?  Do they have porters who will bring them on to the ship like in the USA or do we have to bring them aboard ourselves?  I don't recall any reviews that mentioned the boarding process from Rome and hope you can shed some light on this.  Thanks in advance for your help.

We board next Wednesday from Rome and would be interested to know this as well.  Also, I know tipping is not common but if there are porters that take your luggage, should you tip them a few euros?

Thanks for the review.

I noticed your comment at the end - some of the other NCL ships in the Med not infrequently have inside have offers with no single supplement, so it's worth keeping an eye on them. I did the Greek Isles on the Jade that way.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 10:05 PM, Huntingdon1701 said:

Thanks for the review.

I noticed your comment at the end - some of the other NCL ships in the Med not infrequently have inside have offers with no single supplement, so it's worth keeping an eye on them. I did the Greek Isles on the Jade that way.

Thanks for that info.  Will have to check out options.

Suzanne

On 6/13/2019 at 9:42 PM, gatorchinsky said:

We board next Wednesday from Rome and would be interested to know this as well.  Also, I know tipping is not common but if there are porters that take your luggage, should you tip them a few euros?

On arrival at the port in Rome your luggage is taken by porters (no need to tip).  Make sure you have your luggage labels attached so that baggage handlers know where to send them.  Hang on to any hand luggage though.

Cases were pretty quick in reaching cabin.

Have a great time.

Suzanne

• 2 weeks later...