How to pack for 6 day land/12 sea Europe

I Luv Crusin

My DD and I are flying into London mid-May for 4 days and then doing a 12 day cruise out of Rome then we will have 2 days in Rome before we return. I don't want to overpack but am at a loss how to pack for such a long trip and have have cool weather clothes for London, warm weather clothes for the Med and clothes for formals nights on the ship.

I'd like to take a med suitcase each and 2 carry-ons. Is that workable?

Thanks!

Pack layers, as the Med can still be a little cool mid May in certain areas. I like twin sets because they are flexible and functional. If you need to have your shoulders covered to enter a church, you can throw on the cardigan, if it is warm, you wear the tank.

I pick two standard colors for a trip like this, say black and khaki and build a separates wardrobe with those colors. It gives me options and looks polished. Pick fabrics that breathe.

Shoes are the biggest challenge, IMO. I have a great pair of woven Clark slides that are my Europe touring shoes. They are comfy and stylish. Also pack a pair of microfiber walking shoes. These will work in London and for casual evenings on land.

I managed a 7 day Med cruise with two pair of shoes for evening, beaded mules with a high heel and a bronze metallic sandal, also high heel. A pair of running shoes and light weight flip flops for the sauna and pool and I was good to go.

I would plan to have your basic pieces dry cleaned or laundered halfway through your trip and you will be fine. I can pack for Europe in a med wheeled suitcase and a carry on.

Caviargal,

Thanks for your ideas! For formal nights (2) I've purchased a long black chiffon skirt which I thought I'd top with formal/dressy blouses. I think that may pack lighter that an actual gown. If I were thin I could take a slinky packable formal dress but I'm not.:rolleyes:

Archived