Disembarkation: Civitavecchia Pier to Train Station

nymshowdown

We'll be disembarking in Civitavecchia on Emerald Princess this July. I used to live in Rome and know that the quickest (and cheapest) way for us to get into the city would be to take the Frecciabianca to Termini. 

Has anyone previously done this? Is it feasible with bags and such after disembarking? All of the other information I find online seems to be dated (I think the gate of the port has moved recently and is further from the train station than before). Seems like there won't be cabs available at the pier and that the shuttle drops you well short of the station at the gate. Any information is much appreciated, thanks! 

Doing the same in Sep,  from the research Ive done its not a long walk to the train station, about a mile.  There is also a bus from the port to the train station.  We pack light so we plan on walking. 

You can now book as part of your train ticket to rome a shuttle from the port to the train station in Civitavecchio.  Put in CIVITAVECCHIA PORTO as your starting point. The cost of the shuttle is only 2 Euro per person one way.

On 6/17/2019 at 10:53 PM, nymshowdown said:

We'll be disembarking in Civitavecchia on Emerald Princess this July. I used to live in Rome and know that the quickest (and cheapest) way for us to get into the city would be to take the Frecciabianca to Termini. 

Has anyone previously done this? Is it feasible with bags and such after disembarking? All of the other information I find online seems to be dated (I think the gate of the port has moved recently and is further from the train station than before). Seems like there won't be cabs available at the pier and that the shuttle drops you well short of the station at the gate. Any information is much appreciated, thanks! 

The Frecce is the fastest train, yes,  but it's certainly not the cheapest.  It's the most expensive option by train, in fact.  Also, because of the limited number of them, waiting for a Frecce may cost you time.

You can book a bus to the train station when you book your train ticket, this bus picks you up where the port shuttle bus drops you off.  (The port hasn't moved, just the exit where you are dropped off has changed.)  The port shuttle drop off point is one mile on foot from the train station.

The Frecce does offer the benefit of assigned seating, which is nice.  If it's not too late that alone may be worth waiting an hour or so.  There is one at 9:16 AM (seven days a week) that may fit for you.

Edited by euro cruiser