Booking Haven Suite Question

CruisinKJ

Looking to book a cruise on the Joy in December. First time cruising through NCL, but the time and itinerary fit my schedule best so I though I'd give them a try. We typically cruise RCCL.  I usually use Costco to book my cruises as I typically get a decent amount back through a costco cash card. I'm looking primarily at Haven Suites at this time. 

When I browse the Costco Travel website, I notice there is no availability for many Haven suites such as H4 or H6, but these are readily available direct through NCL with many different rooms to chose from. Is there a reason for the limited availability through costco travel? Will these category rooms open up later? Thanks for any input!

1. You can edit your post to say "national warehouse based travel agent" - which you should do, so that the mods don't delete your post
  2. I've booked via this NWBTA, and noted that their online offering stops at "suite" and even then the only room types they offer is the mini-suite, which isn't a suite at all.   So, you call.     They have all room types available, and usually there is a NW cash card that comes to you in the mail once the cruise is completed. The % of the rebate is dependent on room category - an inside gets a smaller card, and a true suite/haven much more.
  3. The only "downside" IMO is that the NWBTA doesn't participate or enable the bidding for upgrades game.  But, if you're booking into the room category you want that's a non-issue.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skipper305 said:

No problem. It’s definitely annoying that the edit function disappears. 

We recently sailed the Joy In the Haven and loved it.

1 hour ago, TPgal said:
  1. You can edit your post to say "national warehouse based travel agent" - which you should do, so that the mods don't delete your post
  2. I've booked via this NWBTA, and noted that their online offering stops at "suite" and even then the only room types they offer is the mini-suite, which isn't a suite at all.   So, you call.     They have all room types available, and usually there is a NW cash card that comes to you in the mail once the cruise is completed. The % of the rebate is dependent on room category - an inside gets a smaller card, and a true suite/haven much more.
  3. The only "downside" IMO is that the NWBTA doesn't participate or enable the bidding for upgrades game.  But, if you're booking into the room category you want that's a non-issue.

Good luck!

Thank you for your help!