Miami - Hotel St. Michel

zotzer

There is a little hotel that consistently comes up on sites like Expedia and Hotels.com called the St. Michel. It is not expensive and *looks* cute. The ratings seems to be on the positive side. Tried to do a search here, but couldn't find any threads referencing it.

Anyone familiar with this place?

Basically, we are waiting to book our flight to decide whether we just need a bed or a nice hotel near the beach or bay (or with a pool). If we take an early morning flight, we'll go "nice" since we'll be there all day. If we get a nighttime flight out, we'll just take a bed to sleep in. :) I have narrowed down the options for "nice", and am now researching "cheap". :)

Tracy

I see an average price there of $195, for that price you might want to try South Beach.

Yes, that is one of the options if we plan to be there for a full day. The rate that keeps popping up for the night we will be in town is a flat $100. I can do "quaint" for $100. :) Then again, there's always the Holiday Inn right at the Port for virtually the same price. Guess it's just a matter of what my mood is the day I book (if I opt for cheap).

Tracy

I called the Holiday Inn at the port last night and they are sold out for 4/22.

They do block rooms however for certain cruise lines. For 4/22, they had no rooms blocked for Norwegian but you might have luck for your date.

I would recommend that you call them well in advance since it seems to be a popular location for people cruising.

• 4 months later...
There is a little hotel that consistently comes up on sites like Expedia and Hotels.com called the St. Michel. It is not expensive and *looks* cute. The ratings seems to be on the positive side. Tried to do a search here, but couldn't find any threads referencing it.

Anyone familiar with this place?

Basically, we are waiting to book our flight to decide whether we just need a bed or a nice hotel near the beach or bay (or with a pool). If we take an early morning flight, we'll go "nice" since we'll be there all day. If we get a nighttime flight out, we'll just take a bed to sleep in. :) I have narrowed down the options for "nice", and am now researching "cheap". :)Tracy

Frommer's Review:

This European-style hotel, in the heart of Coral Gables, is one of the city's most romantic options. The accommodations and hospitality are straight out of Old World Europe, complete with dark wood-paneled walls, cozy beds, beautiful antiques, and a quiet elegance that seems startlingly out of place in trendy Miami. Everything here is charming -- from the brass elevator and parquet floors to the paddle fans. One-of-a-kind furnishings make each room special. Bathrooms are on the smaller side but are hardly cramped. All have shower/tub combos except for two, which have either or. If you're picky, request your preference. Guests are treated to fresh fruit upon arrival and enjoy perfect service throughout their stay. The exceptional Restaurant St. Michel is a very romantic dining choice.

I work a block away from the Hotel St. Michel. It is in the heart of Coral Gables and is a quaint little hotel. Its nothing like the modern nice hotels such as the 4 Seasons or the Conrad. ITs an older hotel with French Decor. The breakfast there is great and usually will see all the downtown coral gables business people eating there.

Archived