Can you tip your Bar Tender in cash ?

15 hours ago, coevan said:

You are way over thinking this. I tip extra because I am in the service industry and appreciate the service. Yes, you get better service as well. Yes, 18% is added,  tip more or not, it's up to you. 

You and I agree 100%(+) on tipping. That post was for those who find 18% "adequate" and possibly haven't considered the implications of Cheers in that calculation.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MemphisFan said:

He's not way over thinking it. It makes perfect sense when considering the Cheers package. You only pay the gratuity on the cost, so with the drink package you may be tipping way less than usual. I tend to max out my drinks every day on the package, so I make sure to add a tip to each drink so they are actually earning something decent.

He is a she. 😉 But thank you!

29 minutes ago, MemphisFan said:

well crap, my fault entirely. heck, it's even in your screen name. 🤐

Haha, I actually had to stop and look before I responded, because I use a different name on other boards that could go either way. 😄

In addition to the 18% already added to my cheers price, I will tip $1.00 extra per drink to any server who brought me a drink or to a bartender that has mixed me a drink.  If all the bartender does is open and hand me a beer, then no extra tip.  I have found that the roaming on deck servers find you a lot faster this way.  Also the bartender at the Alchemy bar would see us walking up and would start making our drinks pretty much without us even asking!  Mmmmm . . . she made the BEST dirty martinis!

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:35 AM, indygirl76 said:

You and I agree 100%(+) on tipping. That post was for those who find 18% "adequate" and possibly haven't considered the implications of Cheers in that calculation.

Yup... I agree too.  I posted a topic on this June 27...

Found it interesting and thought that many -- possibly most -- purchasing the Cheers package does not consider this.  

We don't tip extra for every drink, don't usually carry cash around, but toward the end of the cruise, we tip our favorite bartenders $20-40+ in cash.  They get the standard 18% with each drink.

Edited by cathyz

On 7/3/2019 at 1:39 PM, Bob NC said:

Tip your bartender in cash they have to pool it.

Tip on the receipt they get the whole thing.

Bob, that is what i was wondering while reading this thread.  I have tipped cash and I have added to the receipt, want to make sure the bartender I am tipping gets it all.

I only drink beer, but like it ice cold.  I normally find the bar i will camp out in and tip $20 at the start of the cruise.  I ask the bartender to keep a supply on ice, which they keep stocked for me.  Works out well.