Advice on Best Beach for snorkeling/relaxation

trustthedj

We will be on the Carnival Spirit in March and looking for the best beaches for snorkeling in Alcapulco, Ixtapa/Zihua, and Manzanillo. Do you recommend any tour, or can you suggest beaches for us to go to via taxi. Thanks for any input!:)

We did the same cruise and ship last year. I can tell you Manzanillo has become one of our favorite spots for snorkeling after that trip!We loved it...The tour was called the Elephant Rock and snorkel it was booked through the ship and was well worth the price.We saw lots of sea life( bring a bag of corn flakes to feed the fish, you can get this from the lido deck)Nice clear water and great hospitality.But Acapulco was the best.We did the Acapulco beach break through the ship also.We met up with Edwardo( tattooed on his chest) and his friend. My DH went parasailing for 30.00(not through the ship) and I went with his friend on his sea-doo for about 3/4 of an hour.Felt totally safe and had a ball.The bar was an open bar and they had a buffet for lunch. The water is a little to rough for snorkelling but it is still an awesome place.There is lots of locals selling stuff so if you can barter you can get things for real cheap.It is set up in a roped off area so the peddlers have to stay outside this area.The servers keep them at bay too.

Ixtapa well I don't know it really didn't impress me too much.We did the Ixtapa Island get away.The Island was really crowded and not much to do.The bathrooms are awful...filthy..no place to snorkel but you can swim.I really don't have much to say on this place sorry!

If you can get past the container port thing in Manzanillo you will enjoy snorkeling there..There is no Jelly fish and I didn' t see any fire coral.one fella picked up a spotted puffer fish and proceded to tell everyone that it was the mouth that they had to watch out for.When I informed him that it was not a pirahna that he was holding that it was a puffer that had neuro toxins in the spins he dropped it so quick I thought he killed it.later on when we were done snrokelling who should show up on the ship in a bucket...the puffer fish( the locals have figured out a way to skin them and eat them.)

Hope this helps

Have a great time on your cruise...If Micheal Is still the CD you should have a good time.

Enjoy!

Thank you so much for your great input - we will definately do the Elephant snorkel! Do you remember what resort you went to on the Acapulco tour? Beautiful beach, drinks, and buffet sound wonderful right now!!! Thanks Again!:D

I can't remember for the life of me.We took a bus from the ship and went only a short way to this taped of area that had all kinds of table in shade and lounge chair in the sun( no charge).When you get inside the taped of area Edwardo the guy with the parasail is right close by usually within feet.(his name is on his chest).Free hot and cold running tequilla and other drinks.( I even needed one for antiseptic and they gave it to me, oh and of course on form pain killer,LOL( I had a " california cocktail" courtsey of a big wave and the undertow after ward).We cant wait to see your review when you get back.We are off on RCL Explorer of the Seas in July with friends that we met on the Spirit when we went to the Southern Caribbean two summers ago.Have a great time but remember...only drink out of bottles or shots no ice, and no -free water in a glass.

Regards from Canada

• 2 weeks later...

we went to manzanillo last week and we went to la audencia beach area

it is more like a bay, so it is not rough and its shallow. great snorkeling

and theres jet ski rentals and kayaks, very nice beach and some great resturants and shopping on the beach, its small and not to touristy,,

it was about 10 to there for 4 people from the dock..

it was nice, we saw iguanas in the trees... worth it for sure 8$ to rent chairs and umbrella...

we brought our own snorkel gear

melissa

Archived