Cavetubing, 5 months pregnant?

Markk

How wild is the cavetubing. My wife is 5 months pregnant and would like to try it if it is just a floating thing. However if it is a wild ride we'll have to save it for another time. Also what is the age requirement?

How wild is the cavetubing. My wife is 5 months pregnant and would like to try it if it is just a floating thing. However if it is a wild ride we'll have to save it for another time. Also what is the age requirement?

Markk,

MY DD did the cavetubing when she was 5 months along . She said that she enjoyed it very munch. Her only complaint was that they were in a dry season and the stream was very low, where they had to walk in places. Other than that and the heat she had a great time.

Paul

Hi Markk,

First of all Congratulations on your new little one! I was about 4 1/2 months pregnant when I did the cave tubing. It was one of my favorite things that I did on that trip! Slow moving and very relaxing. There is about a 30 minute hike up to the site which was fairly easy for the most part but watch your footing. You do have to carry your tube on the hike but my wonderful husband carried mine. If she does need to stop for a quick rest or to hear about the area just make sure you check that you are not standing on an ant trail. My husband and I both did that. Ant bites are not very fun on your feet especially if your feet are already swollen :p There is also a little drop on the bank that you have to enter the water from. They have a rope swing that most people use to jump into the water. If you don't want to jump (and I'm sure your wife won't:D ) they have a rope that you hold on to to get you bum into your tube from the lower part of the banks edge. Kind of like repelling down a mini 2 foot mountain;). I was a little nervous about this part. I thought that it might be a little slippery, but I was fine. I just kind of plonked my bum into the tube. Piece of cake!

Have a wonderful time!

I would definitely say your wife is okay to go. The only tough part is the hike up the hill and you could carry your wife's tube. Just have good walking shoes that will get wet. You will have the time of your life. As to age, I'm not sure of, we had a boy 10 that went and had no problem. I would also definitely book through Cave-Tubing.com and while your there ask Yhony about ages and what he would say to your wife being pregnant. They are so safe and careful about people, safety is their number one concern.

As the daughter of a surgeon, may I recommend that your wife speak with her OB-GYN before taking on these kinds of activities while pregnant. Especially with the recent flooding in that area, and parasites which are local to the area, this might not be a good thing for her to be doing. Additionally, if there is any type of dilation to the cervix, parasite-filled water could cause problems. My recommendation is that she speak with her doctor prior to undertaking this type of activity. I hate to be a naysayer, but I just would recommend caution. While I am sure the physical activity would be just fine while that far along, I do think there are other considerations to consider.

Archived