Seattle Info Needed

Katie H

The pier is maybe 30 minutes from Sea-Tac Airport tops...WHEN there is no traffic. Seattle is known for their traffic problems (especially around rush hour).

I've never stayed at a hotel near the cruise terminal. I've stayed at the Embassy Suites in Lynnwood which is about 15 minutes or so north of the City...It was clean and comfortable.

hi there. I would allot an hour between Sea-Tac and Pier 66, and then be pleasantly surprised if it takes you less time. Don't even think about cutting it close the morning you get in ... I wouldn't do that in any port ... just setting yourself up for stress if there is anything unexpected, something that delays your arrival, etc.

As for hotels, depends on your budget. There are two expensive hotels right on the waterfront next to the pier -- the Marriott across the street, the Edgewater just to the north. Many more choices within a couple miles -- from big fancy hotels downtown, to more modest options in the Seattle Center & Queen Anne areas. If you stay on the waterfront or in the heart of downtown, you will be able to walk to many places worth visiting -- from the Space Needle to nice restaurants to Pike Place Market to shopping to the state ferry dock if you want an advance boat ride :) ... hope you enjoy your visit to our city! TR

We are sailing NCL in early September - 7 day - Sunday to Sunday. We will fly in the day before. For the return, we are looking at a noon flight. Ship is scheduled to dock at 7. If the ship is on time, we should be able to do that since I assume traffic will not be a problem on Sunday morning.

Thanks for the info. I will keep checking in to see if anything has been added.

On our first trip to Seattle, we stayed at the Alexis Hotel pre-cruise.

It was about 25 minutes from the airport, but only 5 minutes by taxi to the port. Pikes Place Market, the waterfront and terrific restaurants were within blocks and easy walking distance.

When I take my next Alaskan cruise out of Seattle, I will not hesitate to stay there again .... wonderful staff, large clean rooms .... it's a Kimpton boutique hotel.

I always recommend checking out hotels at www.tripadvisor.com -- you will get unbiased opinions.

Happy sails!

We are sailing NCL in early September - 7 day - Sunday to Sunday. We will fly in the day before. For the return, we are looking at a noon flight. Ship is scheduled to dock at 7. If the ship is on time, we should be able to do that since I assume traffic will not be a problem on Sunday morning.

Thanks for the info. I will keep checking in to see if anything has been added.

In the words of a long time Seattleite, never say things like "traffic will not be a problem". If the Viaduct is closed (which it often is in summer when they do repair) or there is an early Seattle Mariner game (between the ship and the airport) you could eaily run into problems.

As to hotels, even though we live in a Seattle suburb, we often spend the night in downtown after concerts or theater. Best deals going are on Hotwire.com. Make sure and specify downtown as the area you are looking for. And watch out if you use Priceline. Their definition of downtown is totally different (and really expanded) than the one that Hotwire uses. Hotwire's is much more accurate.

Last month we got a great room at the Sheraton for less than $100.

One other thing, if relying on taxis remember that Seattle isn't NYC. You may have to wait for one.

If you have any other Seattle questions, please post.

The Seattle Sheraton is right in the midst of shopping' date=' restaurants, walkable to the waterfront. The Westin is also beautiful and convenient, so is the Hyatt. I've stayed at them all and all were great. Buses are free in the downtown zone, too, so you can tour very reasonably.[/quote']

That is nice to hear because we will be staying at the Hyatt that is near the convention center next month :)

If You Booked Your Cruise With A T.a. , Or With Celebirty Tell Them You Want To Add A Night To Seattle. The Hotel Is The Westin . It Sounds Like Its Going To Cost More , But Its Not... You Have To Think About Getting From The Airport To The Hotel And Then To The Ship And After The Cruise Back To The Airport.and All The Franfers Are Paid For At That Price. Remember Your T.a. Can Just Call The Cruise Line , Or You Can Do It Yourself If You Dont Have A T.a. Have A Wonderful Cruise

In the words of a long time Seattleite, never say things like "traffic will not be a problem". {/quote]

My husband flew into Seattle last night for a Surprise 75th Birthday Party for his Mother at 8 pm..

My husband arrived on time, his sister from Sacramento arrived on time,

his brother from Las Vegas had a flight delay until 9:30 pm. The sister

that was delivering the Birthday Girl from across the Sound was also late. It seems they got loaded on the ferry and then immediately unloaded because of a bomb threat. They then had to drive around

(approximately 90 minutes).

I guess it really was a SURPRISE PARTY for all of them!

On the brighter side--the brother from Vegas didn't end up being late after all!! lol;)

Archived