Online check in

Hello, I’ve completed the online check in for myself, my partner and our 11yr old child but it says ‘These guests are checked in’ for only myself and my partner but my child is shown separate at the bottom of the screen without the ‘view set sail pass’ and ‘view luggage tags’ options. Any reason why it’s not checking in my child? I’ve checked and double checked that everything is filled in correctly.

Thanks in advance for any replies and sorry if this is in the wrong section, it’s my first cruise post.

Additional info: I’ve just noticed that after I select the credit card registered for onboard spend it does not go to ‘select time of arrival’ for my child!! It just jumps out to the main online check in screen again.

Just now, doveyy04 said:

Additional info: I’ve just noticed that after I select the credit card registered for onboard spend it does not go to ‘select time of arrival’ for my child!! It just jumps out to the main online check in screen again.

Sounds like the website is not functioning properly.    Try clearing cache, clearing cookies, private browsing mode, different browsers.

By the way, the time of arrival is just a suggestion, and is not enforced for cruises out of US ports.

Just tried that and still no success, it’s just blatantly skipping the ‘time of arrival’ page for my child which in turn is probably why it’s not showing as completed, is it because you can’t have an 11 yr old child registered with a credit card? I might try the no privileges option. 

Ok tried ‘no privileges’ and it went onto the ‘time of arrival’ option, selected that and still not listed as completed. Anyway I went onto the mobile app and it still showed as not complete for my child but when I selected his name all the details was entered automatically, I proceeded and hey presto all done!! Why are websites so unpredictable??

2 minutes ago, doveyy04 said:

...  Why are websites so unpredictable??

No, the question should be why is Royal's IT so messed up, all the time, and gets worse as time goes on.

• Like 2