Epic 8013

Jme4166

Hi,

just got off Epic yesterday and had cabin 8006. My brother and his wife had 8010. These cabins are what Norwegian line call Privasea  balconies ---not that I knew that when booking. I only found out a week before sailing and that was because I came across a post on CC about cove balconies. I too struggled to find a photograph of one of these. I was not very happy with being allocated one of these as apparently they are assigned when booking a guaranteed cabin --I booked through a T/A and was not given this information.

Do you know what  --------I Loved it!!!. It was so private, you could still look out to sea ,no lifeboats underneath--and sheltered from the wind when sailing. I would have no hesitation of booking a balcony like that again. The only negative thing I could say is that you cant sit on the chairs and look down at the water because of the metal. If you like to use your balcony a lot maybe you would not like this aspect of it. Your cabin would be the opposite side of the ship to where we were. Also being so far  forward we did not feel a lot of motion -as I feared.Hope this helps.

Here is a youtube video of Norwegian Epic 12015.  Your balcony would be like this one but obviously higher on the ship. The Epic is one ship where I would not do a balcony guarantee because I would not want this type of balcony. 

On the Jewel ships and the Star and the Dawn the privasea or hull or enclosed balconies are not like those on the Epic.   If the price was right I wouldn't have a problem with privasea balcony on one of those ships.

Edited by kjquilts
  • Like 1