RC excursions: Blue Lagoon stingray encounter vs Deluxe beach day?

PSU_Redhead

I was browsing available excursions for Nassau (Royal Caribbean), and there are two that go to Blue Lagoon Beach that caught my eye. One says it’s a stingray encounter PLUS a beach day and it’s $59pp (child or adult). The other is simply a “deluxe beach day” and it’s $94/$74 adult/child. 

Why would the one with an encounter be so much cheaper? I do see that lunch is included with the deluxe beach day and not the other...but surely that can’t be the entire difference. Am I missing something? If I book the stingray encounter, will I truly get time on the beach, as well?

Any other insight from someone who has done either of these excursions?

Thanks!!

I took a chance and booked the stingray excursion simply for the lower price.   Our cruise was last month. Other than a wristband that indicated we had the stingray package, and having to pay for food and drinks, there was no difference.  We never saw the stingrays.  We simply got off of the tender, went straight to the desk to rent an umbrella, and stayed at the beach all day.  

The umbrella rental was $25 and came with 2 tickets for free rum punch, Bahama Mama or non-alcoholic punch.  I was with my 16 year old son, and we had 2 free drinks each.  .

As I mentioned, you're on your own for food.  There is a "hibiscus lunch package" you can purchase which I think might be the same or similar to the "included" lunch with the deluxe beach package.  It is $20 per person.  

There is also food available a la carte which is what we chose.  I bought pieces of pizza (they were actually round, 5" in diameter), and an order of fries for $21.28 including tax.   There were dispensers of ice water around the seating area.

I'll try to post pictures.  I didn't get a picture of the a la carte menu but have a picture of my receipt.

PS.  I'm also from Pittsburgh 🙂

IMG_2473.JPG

IMG_2472.JPG

IMG_2471.JPG

IMG_2470.JPG

Edited by PghSunny

Thanks so much! I appreciate the info very much!! I’ll have to see if my 7 year old wants to do the stingrays or not. I have a suspicion he will. But either way, I’m glad to hear we will still get some beach time - and for less than the price of the beach day (so crazy to me! Lol).

And I saw your screen name and figured you were from the Burgh, too! I’m in the South Hills 😊

• 4 weeks later...