variety in reviews, this is our first cruise. The website still does not

show correct itinerary, not ocho rios but montego bay, really wanted

to see the falls. Costa said it will be updated from italy office. Myself

husband late 30's, son 13 and daughter 9, anyone else with kids same

ages cruising w/ us?

website now shows montego bay but also shows bahamas which the

costa rep said has never been included in the western itinerary, funny

because it is in the 2005 brochure, freeport bahamas. Do they do this

so it makes it harder to book excursions with outside tour co's?

My family (10 year old son) will be enjoying the same cruise. We are looking forward to it. I have read a lot of negative reviews, but know that the people with bad things to say always speak the loudest.

It appears that the people who have GOOD things to say have finally gotten a voice.

I waited to get a review from my folks who recently cruised Costa. They loved it (food too). So I too waited to pay the final balance. It is now just a matter of waiting.

I haven't heard that the Bahamas isn't really on the itinerary. It doesn't really surprise me. The itinerary seemed awefully full.

We will have a great time anyway.:)

I'm not sure about the ports either, my travel agent said that Bahamas was only part of the Eastern carribean cruise but the costa web page say its our last stop on the trip. Do you know which Islands that we will have to tender over to shore instead of docking?

Does anyone knwo which hotels provide parking and shuttle service to the port?

Thanks!:cool:

Hi all yall. I have talked to my travel agent and also to costa. Thihs is the itinerary that both of them gave to me.

Sunday April 9,2006 Port everglades 7 pm

Monday April 10, 2006 Key West, Fl 8 am till 1 pm

Tuesday April 11, 2006 Cozumel 8 am till 1 pm

Wednesday April 12, 2006 Grand Cayman 12 pm till 6 pm

Thursay April 13, 2006 Montego Bay 8 am till 5:30 pm

Friday April 14, 2006 At Sea

Saturday April 15, 2006 Freeport 8 am till 6 pm

Sunday April 16, 2006 Port evergaldes 8 am

I hope this helps yall. I have called 5 times to make sure on all of this so just maybe this is the right one...lol. Hope to see all of you on the ship. Untill then take care , stay safe and God Bless:)

The Costa web site is offering excursions to Freeport for our cruise. So I can only assume that the plan is to go there. I look forward to it.

My folks were just on the Mediteranea a couple of weeks ago and they said that they had to be tendered in Cozumel because of the hurricane damage.

Perhaps they will have fixed that by April 9.

Since my wife, son and myself have been to Cozumel in the past, we are considering just staying on the ship at that port. We will see.

have a good weekend.

my 17 yr old and myself are joing you all on this cruise, we were on the same cruise last easter (freeport was not on the intinery we had 2 days at sea) we did however have a full day at cozmul and grand cayman we were on the costa atlantica, we had a fantasitic time, my son made lots of friends the first night at the teenage meeting (he is a cruise convert). we have cruised before on the thompson spirit but the costa ships are by far better, we found the food of very good standard, the shows were good could'nt fault anything realy, i found being on board as a single parent very good everyone was very friendly (staff and passengers),

we tenderd in only at grand cayman. They should still do trips to dunns river as it is not that far from montego bay, i do recommend swiming with the stingrays at grand cayman what a great experience, see you all on board.

I was told by Costa never Bahamas on Western the itinerary below is what I was told by Costa and the brochure also shows this itinerary: How Confusing!!

Mon Key West 8-1

Tue Cozumel 8-7

Wed at sea

Thurs Montego Bay 8-5

Fri Grand Cayman 8-5

Sat at sea

I had this email a couple of weeks ago:-

I confirm that the itinerary for Costa Magica on 8 April is as follows:

Fort Lauderdale, Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, MONTEGO BAY (ex Ocho

Rios), cruising, Freeport, Fort Lauderdale.

Should you have any further queries do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Lara Newell

Marketing Assistant

Tel: +44207 940 4490

newell@uk.costa.it

www.costacruises.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

I check this thread regularly as I am looking forward to leaving the frozen tundras of Montana to enjoy the warm tropical breezes of the Caribbean in April.

I am looking forward to seeing more posts popping up before too long to get a feel for the type of people I will be travelling with. So few posts makes me think that the ship will be very empty that week.

The fact that it will be Spring Break leads me to realistically believe otherwise.

Looking forward to April 9!

according to Costa via phone that Itinerary is wrong and it does not go to Frreport and the other stops are full days accept for keywest.. Does anyone else have any info. I know the website still shows a different itinerary.

I had this email a couple of weeks ago:-

I confirm that the itinerary for Costa Magica on 8 April is as follows:

Fort Lauderdale, Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, MONTEGO BAY (ex Ocho

Rios), cruising, Freeport, Fort Lauderdale.

Should you have any further queries do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Lara Newell

Marketing Assistant

Tel: +44207 940 4490

newell@uk.costa.it

www.costacruises.co.uk

I just received an email from Lara Newell at Costa and she "confirmed" that the only change in the itinerary for April 9 Magica is that instead of Ocho Rio, we will be going to Montego Bay. But that is in the catalog already. I mentioned the Freeport stop, and she did not say that it was wrong.

So the mystery continues. I guess we will find out when we get there...or not.

I have been on the phone w/ costa again 3 times this week and

was told differently now. They state that the website itinerary

is correct and the brochures are wrong. This time it was a supervisor

from costa. I am really dissapointed to, wanted full days in cozumel

and grand cayman.

Lisa

4/9 Magica

My hubby and I will be on the Magica April 9 cruise, along with about 12 other family members! It's going to be a "family reunion" thing for us - Hubby and his brothers and sisters had gone on a family cruise about 25 years ago and most of us "in-laws" are first time cruisers. We are all so exited to be going and can hardly wait! It should be interesting to see where we do finally end up going!

I am concerned about our 5 hours in Cozumel especially 1.) if you are not booking a tour from Costa and 2.) we are leaving at 1pm! Tendering is sure to use up some valuable time. We had a fantastic time there two years ago snorkeling at Chankanaab. However, it has suffered extensive damage from Wilma and will not be open our cruise. I am hoping for a beach/ snorkel experience other than Paradise Beach that we could do in the short time that we have there. On top of that, I was hoping to buy some Kahluha and vanilla extract as my Cozumel souvenirs. That seems like a lot to pack in for a five hour stop with tendering!

Has anyone been to Dzul Ha? We are not expert snorkelers --- plenty of colorful fish would be a great morning for us.

Grand Cayman will present a half day stop as well.

I posted another thread re: tendering for Cozumel in the hopes that someone could give us info on where Costa is tendering.

Optimistically, all things may be possible. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!:)

Okay, our cruise is just a little more than a month away. Where are all of the people who are going on this cruise?

My family of three will be enjoying the rest, relaxation, food, sun and everything else associated with being on vacation.

The followers of these boards have seen the reviews of the Magica turn from negative to glowingly positive. I, for one cannot wait until April 9th comes.

So lets step up to the mic and get to know who is going on this cruise.

We are coming from Montana. I am a professional photographer, my wife is a genetic counselor and our son is in 5th grade.

What about you?

Okay, our cruise is just a little more than a month away. Where are all of the people who are going on this cruise?

My family of three will be enjoying the rest, relaxation, food, sun and everything else associated with being on vacation.

The followers of these boards have seen the reviews of the Magica turn from negative to glowingly positive. I, for one cannot wait until April 9th comes.

So lets step up to the mic and get to know who is going on this cruise.

We are coming from Montana. I am a professional photographer, my wife is a genetic counselor and our son is in 5th grade.

What about you?

Hi fotoguy. I know yall will be glad to get down here where the sun is nice and warm. I am from south Georgia. There will be 4 of us going. My soon to be wife and I, and I am taking my sister and brother-in-law on there first cruise. Myself, I am a driver manager/ Fleet and workplace safety Coordinator. My better half is a loan office manager. My sister is a nurse and my brother-in-law is a welder. We are all just plain down to earth people. Just like the rest of yall we can't wait till April 9th. Hope to hear more from everyone else. Untill then yall keep smiling and stay safe. God bless:)

Hi Guys...My hubby and I and about 13 of his relatives will be on the Magica for the April 9th cruise. DH and I and another brother & wife will be coming from Massachusetts, 2 brothers from southern California, sister and hubby & 2 kids from South Carolina, and the rest from Florida. For most of us it's a first cruise so we're all pretty excited! See ya in about 1 month!

Archived