Anyone on 4-9 Magica Western?

lisascruizin

Think I just might try that park and fly. See how it works. Just one thing bothers me....what about all you luggage? If you park at the port you don't have to touch it but if you use the ark and fly don't you have to lug it with you??? Someone let me know.

OKAT, you know since you are going that way, you could just stop by and pick up my luggage. I wouldn't mind at all...hehehehe.

Glad to see your going with us CelticGoddess and family. Look forward to meeting with yall also.

Yall keep smilin and don't stop talkin on here. I look forward to hearing from all yall. Keeps me sian in these last few weeks before the cruise..lol

:D :rolleyes:

If you are considering booking your own shore tours/activities in Grand Cayman, (4/12), please read the post Need Help- Time Changes and Grand Cayman, at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=315763.

It seems that ship time and local time may differ by one hour when daylight savings time goes into effect.

My family of four is counting the days --- we can't wait!:)

I recieved my docs today:D

Has anyone looked at going to Lucyan National Park in Freeport? It actually looks pretty nice with a creek where you can kayak, limestone caves and a nice secluded beach.

Also I have been seeing some really bad info about the beaches at Cozumel. I am now thinking of taking a catamaran snorkleing tour.

Tracy

The catamaran fury is a wonderful excursion. I went on it a few years ago and had a blast. From what paradise beach Tom said, the beach is in good shape. I know last year ( March )when I went there after the storm everything was still nice there but the water was a little on the dark side. BUt Mexico, Jamaica and Freepoart are going to be my be lazy beach days. KeyWest I am going to just walk around and Caymans I am going to do the excursions. Best thing to do is not listen to all the negitive things. Thats going to bring you down and it won't be as fun. I am going to have a blast. I don't care what others say...lol:rolleyes: I always have fun on my cruise.;)

just wanted to bring this back to the top......Is everybody all ready?

2 weeks and 1 day till we sail. only 12 days till I leave the New England cold and head south to sunny Florida! Lookin' forward to seeing everyone onboard...:o

I was just about to think everyone went into a deep sleep..hehee. Haven't seen anyone talking on here lately. I know I am ready to get on that big ship. Just trying to think of what to do first. 2 more weeks of work and then down to Florida to see the Family and on to Fort Lauderdale. Everyone needs to come up with a place we can meet and have a drink or 10. Going to make this a VERY FUN cruise.:D . Yall keep smilin:)

Compulsive obsessive board reader here! I have been watching, silently, for the last couple of weeks, but there has been no new information coming from anyone.

I think that I have figured out that the food is going to be great, the ship is beautiful, and I can bring some booze on if I want.

I just want the wait to be over and the cruise to start.

JUST TWO MORE WEEKS GUYS AND GALS!

I will be checking the boards tomorrow to see how much fun the folks had this past week.

As I write, there are only 13 days 4 hours and some odd minutes to wait until the April 9 cruise. I hope my last post proclaiming "no new news in weeks" hasn't caused this board to shut down.

I didn't want to be a party pooper! I just want new info! That is why I love Mondays. Certainly not because it is the beginning of another "glorious" week of work, but because we all get to enjoy the new "week in review" stories.

Hey, Southern Yard Dog, about Sunset Beach, do you just hail a cab to get there? From the sound of things, that is the place to go if you are not doing an excursion. Food, drinks, watersports...that is what life is all about.

Have a good week. Only two more until it is our turn!

yep. just get a cab and go there. This is where I will be at. I love mondays too but I haven't seen any new info this morning yet. I hope someone posts some good stuff for me to read. I am going to try to be on the ship by 12:00pm Sunday. Drop my stuff off at the room and then grab a bite to eat then up to the top deck for a drink and get the party started. Hope to see all yalls smiling faces there. I am going to see if I can get a T-shirt made with my CC name on it. That way everyone will see me..lol:p Of corse all you will have to do is listen for the guy with the hick accent and thar I will be...HAHAHAHA. Yall have a good-un and keep smilin:D

Hick accent? I hardly noticed.

Since we are staying at a hotel the evening before, we too will probably make an effort to get onto the ship as early as possible.

I suspect that it will be a zoo there at that time, but we just want to get the vacation going as quickly as we can.

I will be looking for you and your t-shirt. I will be the 6' 1", 200 lb, blond-ish, 41 year-old guy with the gorgeous blonde, 6' wife and the 10 year old son who looks like my clone. My name is Kevin.

Look forward to meeting you in two weeks.

Kevin you most likely just discribed about what half the men will look like on this ship..LOL. Just messin. My name is Eric. I am about 6' and also about 200 lbs. Although I am an executive, you would not think so when I am on vacation...lol. I look more like a biker. Just with short hair. So there shouldn't be any problem spoting me:rolleyes: I will be with my fiance, sister and brother-in-law. We are all a little crazy in the head but I think we will be ok...hehehe.:eek:

I do believe that the next two weeks will fly by and we will be on vacation before ya know it.:cool:

Hi all,

Has anyone started packing yet? We are going down on friday spending

a couple days on the beach first so we will also be boarding early as

well. Just read a review which I must say was kinda shocked since

none of the ones in the past month has stated rudeness and no knowledge of english at all???? I can't stand the waiting!!!!!:)

Lisa

4/9 Magica

Hey Eric, So you're saying that I am pretty generic! Okay, how's this, I am damned good looking (if only in my own mind). You will notice me at the pool when I take my shirt off and scare all of the children with my Montana white, albino skin. I have a moustache and goatee (however you spell that). Also, I have no muscle tone to speak of. The only six pack I have is in my refrigerator. Perhaps it will be better if I keep my shirt on.

Still sounds pretty generic if you ask me. And I can live with that.

I sure hope that the next two weeks fly by. My wife is in Baton Rouge, LA this week helping hurricane Katrina families. So my son and I are bachelors. I do, however prefer having her around, so I really hope this week goes by fast. Next week, however, I am not so sure.

The following week will unfortunately, DEFINITELY, go by too fast.

Hey Lisa,

I read the review too, but am a firm believer in the fact that people tend to mirror other people. If I come across as a little stand-off-ish and unapproachable, then the people around me will too.

I don't know though, I am not saying that the other reviewer was that way, but we have read too many other reviews as of late saying how wonderful and friendly everyone has been.

And this person was with a large group, too. Sometimes, I think, even a seasoned service professional can get a little overwhelmed when bombarded by a group.

Who knows!

We will find out in two weeks!

What I did like about that review was how the writer mentioned how many of the folks she met from these message boards. Sounds like for the most part, she had a good time. And that's what it is all about.

Well I can say one thing about it. I am going to have a good time no matter what takes place. I don't care if I have to stay on my balcony the whole time;) . There is nothing that will take the smile off my face. Your vacation is what you make of it. So why not make it fun. Stay smiling and it will make the ones next to you smile as well.:D Always join in the games. See how much fun you can have in a weeks time. It only lasts a week. Make the most of it and have a blast.

If nothing else makes you smile, just wate till my brother-in-law and I walk by....I bet you will be laughin then:eek: ...Just messin. We are only a little on the crazy side:rolleyes:

Kevin, I know this next 2 weeks is going to fly by...:p for me anyways.

Hi Fotoguy,

I felt the same way, maybe they just pretended to not understand

that way they could avoid. I need to take up a second language

and see if I could use that to avoid certain people. She never

mentioned the kids, if the language barrier was a problem w/ kids club,etc.

Lisa

Hey Lisa,

I am spending too much time on this message board today. I am not getting too much work done.

I just re-read the earlier review about last week's cruise, and subsequent follow-ups. Isn't it amazing how two people can see the same thing in such different ways?

Hello all

I am so excited:D I can't wait to start my vacation! I think my co-workers are avoiding me so they don't have to hear about it anymore.

I have started packing, just things that I either do not want to forget(swimsuit and camera) or things that I know I wont need until I arrive (sunscreen).

See you soon

Tracy

How many pairs of shoes?????? Do you have a bag for just shoes?

Hey Fotoguy, how many cruises have you been on? You just got off one

two months ago? Must be nice, I've never been and must say am getting

a little nervous, swore to my husband I wouldn't get sick. He said, a cruise, you don't like to fly and you think you'll be fine on a boat, I'm

sneakin on dramamine!!!!

Almost another day down

Lisa

This will be my 5th cruise. If I said I was on a cruise two months ago, I am sorry, it was two years ago.

It is amazing, looking at these board, how some people seem to be on cruises 3 or 4 times a year! They must be the older, retired folks who live in Florida who can just find a great deal on whatever cruiseline then drive down to the pier and get on.

Us landlocked Montanans have to spend almost as much on airfare as we did the cruise.

Perhaps one day, when I grow up!

I haven't started packing yet. My wife, however just bought some new luggage, so it's a start.

I can't remember what the stuff was, but on our last cruise my wife and I both started getting seasick, so we went down to the on-board store and bought something (not dramamine) that kicked in literally immediately. Some folks tell me that Dramamine can make you sleepy.

Good morning all

I booked a couple of excursions yesterday. The first is the Capt. Bryans catamaran snorkel tour on Cayman and the second is a nature and kayak tour at Lucayan National Park which is suposed to have one of the most beautiful beaches on the island.

See you soon

Tracy

Good morning OKAT,

Can you tell me where you booked the excursion for Lucayan National Park? I have read that it has caves and hiking trials too. I would like to do that myself.

Only a week and a half to go. I think I need to start packing so I won't forget anything.:rolleyes: Hope all of yall are doing well. I am sure looking forward to seeing that full moon the week we are out there. Going to be so nice. Yall have a good one and Keep smilin:)

Good morning yarddog

I found the tour at grandbahamanaturetours.com. The tour is 6 hours long and costs about $75 per person. Kids are $35. They do not pick you up at the peir, you have to take a taxi to port Lucaya and the tour picks you up from there. It looks like it will be fun. Hope you come.

Tracy

Okat,

When are yall leaving out? I am going to leave out about 5 am Saterday morning and stop by and see my dad before making my way to the hotel. Goin to stay in Kissimmee Sat. There is a place there called Old Town and they have old car shows on Friday and Saterday nights. About 300 cars turn up both nights. You can look at it on www.old-town.com .It is a nice place. There is a Place by it called Angel's. The best eatin around there. I told fotoguy I eat about 7-8 lobsters while I am there..hehehe:D . But anywho, I plan on being on the ship by 12 noon if nothing goes wrong. Going to meet fotoguy by the pool for a drink.:rolleyes:

Hey! Don't brag about the lobster fest if I can't come!

That's okay though, while I am not a lobster snob, (I will eat any I can get my hands on), but I prefer Maine lobster. Problem is, you just don't find too many of those here in Montana.

A week and a half! Yes! But this week and next week are going to be unbelievably busy. And the stress of making sure everything is done before we leave is crazy. I will definitely need the vacation.

Eric, I too am looking forward to the full moon. As a photographer, I can't wait to see the moon looking HUGE on the horizon as it comes up. I have been planning the photo shoot in my mind for weeks.

Archived