QM2 World Cruise 2007

diddy02

I have sailed twice in a hull balcony cabin on Queen Mary. While the cabin layout is efficient, the balcony is useless. There is no view of the sea when sitting or lying on the lounge chairs. Also, in the cabin the view is cut down and distant. The next time I am booking a C-1 cabin. I got to see one of them and they are nicer.

Your mom might consider upgrading to one of the open balconies or thinking about QE2. There are many more (over 100) cabins designed exclusively for the single traveler at half the cost of single occupancy of a double cabin as on Queen Mary. The QE2 bathrooms are generous in size with a full tub (except "M" category) in comparison to Queen Mary 2 which are small and only have a shower. I have traveled solo twice on QE2 and I am booked solo on the full 2007 world cruise in an outside Caronia single cabin.

Good luck and happy sailing to mom. Keep me posted if she jumps ship for the cruise!

----------------------------------------

Raffaello 1974

Michelangelo 1975

QE2 1980, 1987, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2003, 2007

Caronia 2000

Ocean Princess 2001

Norwegian Spirit 2005

Archived