WOWOWOW! Horseback riding excursion - amazing!

KathleenNC

KEEP TRYING! This is the best time I have ever had - I will put a full review up - but they are just great! I wasn't able to reach them until the night before (went on the internet cafe - but he was there waiting for me - and it was so so wonderful!

Ok.....I'm torn, I am thinking about canceling our tour to the ruins in Belize because I've heard they aren't that great. So what to do? This sounds great.....questions.....Do you stay on the plantation? How long in total was this tour, do they take a credit card up front, and what if the port isn't made? Any info would be great....bf is 220lbs though....will that matter? 6'3......thanks much! Anyone go on one of the other tours they offer?:rolleyes:

The tour is just during the day - you don't actually stay there overnight. The riding is on the plantation (they have over 1000 acres). Yes, they do take credit cards up front. You could e-mail Trevor re the weight. Might be a little hard for the horses (it's a long ride) but he definitely can tell you. The other gentleman in the group we were with was quite a big guy and had his daughter riding in front of him as well.

You can't go wrong with this tour.

I think they are pretty understanding if a ship cancels a port. They have been doing this for quite some time and it is a very professional outfit.

My husband and I visited Smugglers Run Plantation on March 1st. It was incredible. Trevor and Cathy picked us up at the pier and we drove about 45 minutes to the Plantation. We were the only guests they had that day so we got a personal tour. When we arrived at Smugglers Run, the horses were already saddled and waiting for us. The horses were beautiful and obviously well cared for. They were tall and well built. The last time we were in Belize we took a horseback riding excursion with another company and the horses they gave us were very small and their ribs were showing. Trevor’s horses were far superior. Trevor and Don Pedro rode with us and Cathy stayed behind to fix lunch. We went through the jungle for about 2 hours. Trevor and Don Pedro pointed out various vegetation and trees along the way. When we got back to the Palapa building, we freshened up and by that time Cathy had a marvelous meal waiting for us. She prepared fresh squeezed limeade and Key Lime pie from limes they grow right there on the plantation. She also used fresh herbs that are grown there for seasoning in the rice & beans and chicken. After lunch we were able to go to the stable area and see the foul that had just been born a few days before. We also saw other animals that live on the Plantation. I highly recommend this excursion. Trevor and Cathy are warm, gracious people and experienced tourism professionals.

Archived