enough time for St. John?

iluvcruises

Our times in St. Thomas have changed from 8am-8pm to 8am-6pm.  Now leaving two hours earlier.  We had planned on going to St. John for the day because we had plenty of time.  What are your thoughts?  Is 8am-6pm enough time to enjoy St. John or should we just play it safe and enjoy one of the beaches in St. Thomas?  Thanks for any advice!

6 hours ago, iluvcruises said:

Our times in St. Thomas have changed from 8am-8pm to 8am-6pm.  Now leaving two hours earlier.  We had planned on going to St. John for the day because we had plenty of time.  What are your thoughts?  Is 8am-6pm enough time to enjoy St. John or should we just play it safe and enjoy one of the beaches in St. Thomas?  Thanks for any advice!

You should be fine. We are in port for only 7.5 hours in August and we are traveling over. I have done the DIY several times with no issues. The only issue I would be concerned with is how many ships are in port. Also, you would need to catch the ferry no later than 3pm back. You should be able to catch the 9am ferry and be at the beach no later than 9:45am. I would probably spend three and a half to 4 hours and catch the 3pm ferry and allow myself plenty of time to get back to the ship. I have only docked at Havensight so my information is from this dock only.

Patti