Monarch Duchess travel documents received today!

Cruisingmarmi

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it us hard to get good information.  Not like a Carnival cruise, where there is a lot of information.  Size does make a difference.  Not even close to being apples to oranges.  More like ripe watermelons to carrot seeds.

Just completed a Gate One river cruise on the Monarch Princess and will post a review soon (because there isn't much Gate One info out there).   The short and sweet version: loved the ship, the crew and the overall product.  We got that same opinion from almost everyone we talked to during the cruise.

• Like 1

We'll be on the Monarch Duchess next April for Tulip Time in the Nederlands & Belgium.

We loved the 2 previous Gate 1 Travel river cruises on the Danube & Rhine.

We just downloaded & printed out travel documents from their websites.  Pretty easy.

To Wingman2020 - I am really looking forward to your review of the Monarch Princess.  My sister and I will be boarding her from Regensburg on September 8 after our land tour.  This will be our first river cruise.

8 hours ago, haleygirl said:

To Wingman2020 - I am really looking forward to your review of the Monarch Princess.  My sister and I will be boarding her from Regensburg on September 8 after our land tour.  This will be our first river cruise.

This was also our first river cruise.  That being said, We had no direct experience to compare Gate One to, though we have researched the other lines extensively.  Hopefully your cruise will still have Soma (Cruise Director) and Armin (Activities Director)on board (I know they rotate every so often).  These two individuals brought a fantastic youthful (they are both in their twenties) exuberance that really set the mood.  We also had some reservations with the ship's condition but could not find one issue there at all!!