Connie recommendations for my parents

haras

Hi all,

I need some help. My parent's, along with another couple (aunt & uncle) and my grandmother are going on the Constellation from San Juan on Feb 4th-11. My family loves to cruise, but this is the first time they've gone alone. Let me explain...they're vietnamese and although they understand conversational English, well enough, they aren't the type of people who know how to maximize their trip. In the past, I have always been there to say "we must do this, that and the other...the people on cruisecritic said so" So anyway, if I didn't travel with them, there have been other younger people who have cruised with them to tell them what they must do. But this time, they're on their own. So I came up with a plan to make a 'to do' list for them. Previously, they have cruised with Princess, NCL, and Costa. Although they have done the east & west carrib, this is the first time they've done a Southern Carib trip.

My two main concerns for them is 1.) what must they do in San Juan. They will have one full post cruise day. 2.) what must they experience on the Constellation...ie when is the Cirque de Solie days (they love watching shows. They're seated in early dining. When is the midnight buffet?

Their ports of calls are: Sun Feb 5 St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles 9:30am 5:30pm Mon Feb 6 Roseau, Dominica 7:00am 5:30pm Tue Feb 7 St. Lucia 7:00am 3:00pm Wed Feb 8 Margarita Island, Venezuela 7:00am 3:00pm Thu Feb 9 Aruba 11 am to 11 pm.

and 3.) what must they see in these ports of calls?

Please keep in mind that my parents and uncle & aunt are in the mid 50s and are very active and healthy. My grandmother, however, is 87, and although she's active she can get winded. She can walk for a couple of hours max before needing to rest. So nothing TOO strenuous.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Archived