Costa Maya Info

charita

Please don't be worried about Costa Maya. We were just there last week and it was our favorite port, even more enjoyable than Cozumel. At least here, we were able to dock!

Take the bus into Majahual, ($5 roundtrip) and find a quiet little place on the beach. We ended up at Los Mexicanos, right across the street from where Tapas was and will be again. It's about half way down the street. We sat under a nice canopy in the sand, about 6 feet from the water and enjoyed a wonderful lunch. We ended the visit with a massage on the beach. It was thoroughly enjoyable. Emir that used to work at Tapas was our waiter. He knew all about Cruise Critics and took very good care of us. Mind you, there are strolling musicians and strolling peddlers that come along. Even saw a bunch of Mayans in full costume come strolling by! But a "no thank you" and they will move along.

There are lots of shops and a pool right at the port area. We did do a little shopping there, but the best bargains are found in Majahual. I hope you love it as much as we did!:D

Been to Costa Maya 3 times now and it is one of my favorite stops... I would not HESITATE to go back!!!! Try the beach break through Island Marketing :D Check out the Costa Maya boards and you will find plenty of good info!

You will probably still go to Cozumel. We were just there on the Zenith. Apparantly from what we were told on the island, they are only allowing 4 ships in at a time. I think there were three when we were there, probably because you have to tender in, the dock is totally destroyed, it is a real eye opener. The town itself is pretty good, and its business as usual. The locals worked very hard to put their town back into order. I had no problem spending tourist dollars there, they really need it.

I called Carnival yesterday - We are on the Glory on 2/25/06 sailing. I was told none of the Carnival ships were going to Cozumel right now due to damage from the Hurricane. It could be the representative didn't know - but when I click on "my cruise," Cozumel is gone now.

Hold on! Why are people being re-routed to Costa Maya instead of Cozumel? I am scheduled to go to Cozumel on March 6th and haven't had any news of any detours!:(

We are on Coral Princess March cruise, Panama Canal itinerary. Just received notice yesterday from Princess that Cozumel was being canceled due to "operational requirements" (??) and we would go to Costa Maya/Majahual instead. Fine with me, Coz is apparently still quite a mess from Wilma.

Archived