Which Dock does NCL Jewel use in Juneau?

zorbarick

I'm trying to figure out which dock the NCL Jewel will be using in Juneau for our cruise.  In case it is different depending on the day, we're on the August 12 Northbound sailing, which is in Juneau August 15, 2019.  There are two other ships, the Eclipse and the Noordam in port that day, and the Jewel will be the last to arrive (and the last to leave).  Is there any way to know which dock it will be?  Thanks in advance for any help. 

13 hours ago, Travelingzumbamom said:

Looks like AJD...http://claalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Juneau-–-JNU-2019.pdf. Just scroll down to the date. 😊

Looks like our ship will be docking at AJ also.   Do you happen to know the details on AJ?  Last time I was on the Radiance of the Seas and they docked close to everything.  From my understanding AJ is about a mile away.  Is there a shuttle and is it free?  Or is there a small fee?  Cash?   We are on the Solstice and our ship arrives last.

11 hours ago, zorbarick said:

Thanks so much!  What an awesome pdf.  When it works right, this site is truly an amazing resource.  

You’re welcome! 

6 minutes ago, Cheryl H said:

Looks like our ship will be docking at AJ also.   Do you happen to know the details on AJ?  Last time I was on the Radiance of the Seas and they docked close to everything.  From my understanding AJ is about a mile away.  Is there a shuttle and is it free?  Or is there a small fee?  Cash?   We are on the Solstice and our ship arrives last.

I’m sorry, I don’t know details about AJ dock. I’ve never been to Juneau, but we are going to be there in September on an independent trip. We always use that site when planning our trips to AK to see what ships will be where on our dates. Hopefully someone else with experience will come along and give you specifics. 

• Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.ee1a3c42638e62efa94f5f96a9399a12.png

If i recall correctly, our excursion bus driver picked us up at the dock and after the tour gave us the choice of going back to the ship or drop off at the base of the Mt. Roberts tram. We choose the latter and took a free shuttle bus back to the ship.

Edited by lax19

27 minutes ago, lax19 said:

image.thumb.png.ee1a3c42638e62efa94f5f96a9399a12.png

If i recall correctly, our excursion bus driver picked us up at the dock and after the tour gave us the choice of going back to the ship or drop off at the base of the Mt. Roberts tram. We choose the latter and took a free shuttle bus back to the ship.

Thank you!!!   Did you have trouble deciding which bus was the shuttle back to the ship?  Were there shuttle stops marked?  Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Cheryl H said:

Thank you!!!   Did you have trouble deciding which bus was the shuttle back to the ship?  Were there shuttle stops marked?  Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I don't remember the specifics.  I remember it was easy and our tour guide told us exactly where to catch the shuttle. If you take the shuttle from the dock to town, the driver will let you know where to get on for the return trip.