SKippers CLub on the Destiny

DiveCruiser

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

We have done the San Juan Skippers Club twice. When you get to pier area it will be really chaotic. Look for a Carnival (blazer & tag) and let them know you are VIp or Skippers Club. (It should say that on your docs in little window -VIP- check-in).

You will then proceed up escalator to a room marked Skippers Club (we got there by 11am) and speedy check in and can then wait on comfy couches overlooking pier area. (If you get there later, may have to wait outside office area in regular chairs.) Then you are called as a group and proceed past "the lines" awaiting security screening and go thru security, quick sail n' sign photo and down enclosed gangway onto ship. Since San Juan leaves later, we ate in lido area, got carry ons to cabin and then later went to get soda and water at Walgreens (a 10-15 min walk) and can reboard upon return fast by flashing your new Sign n' sail card don't forget ID also just in case) - no need to wait in a line again.

I have photos of waiting area and terminal pre-911 if you want. I also have them posted under Destiny July on another cruise board "CM" photo gallery area.

Suzy

I got to use the Skipper's Club last November when I sailed Destiny. My friends had a penthouse suite and I tagged along to check-in (they were rather miffed that I could check-in with them...but I'd learned here on CC that Carnival would happily check me in too!). I found the Skippers Club waiting room to be hot and stuffy and the couches not very comfortable. We ended up wandering out to the duty-free liquor store and bought a couple of items (wish I'd bought more) then heard our color being called (we had red). I pushed our way through the waiting passengers right to the front of the line and were the first 10 passengers to board. Very sweet!

We arrived at the port about 12:45 and were on board by 1:15 pm.

Archived