Double stroller - am I insane??

Jayhawk

Looking for advice. I had a 3 1/2 year old and almost 2 year old. I've been on lots of cruises so know how tight things are. We have one of those grace "lite" double strollers, which is only a touch bigger than a full size regular stroller.

Here's my problem. My 3 1/2 year old is VERY used to being in this stroller. When I ask her to walk or take her places with just the younger one in a single stoller, we go about the equivalent of a block before she starts whining about how tired she is. I don't forsee using it a lot on the ship, but I can't imagine making it from the entrance to the gate of an airport without one for both kids.

What should I do? Will I completely regret having the double? Or would I be better off investing in two single umbrellas? Or just have my husband put one of them on his shoulders or in a backpack carrier if we have to go far distrances?

Instead of a double stroller may I recomend a Lascal's Kiddyboard

Hear is the Product Description

If you haven't already heard of Lascal's KiddyBoard, it's time to get on board! First manufactured in Sweden in 1993, the KiddyBoard attaches behind a stroller or baby jogger to give a second child a standing ride, much like riding a skateboard although a parent's or adult's arms provide balance on both sides of child. The KiddyBoard provides security for your child in crowds and high-traffic areas, and it's the perfect solution when your child is too tired to walk or when you are in a hurry. Suspension system offers a smooth and quiet ride. Stroller or baby jogger must have a rear wheel axle. Imported.

Check them out at Target's website http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_4/602-9910946-4928644?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0002GFSMW.

There is also Stand On Tandem Stroller - Caboose

Available at Amazon.com

From the Manufacturer

Strolling around with two children has never been easier. The versatile Caboose Stand-On Tandem allows an older child to stand on its patented rear platform while a younger child rides comfortably in front. If the standing child tires, they can turn around and rest on the padded rear seat. Parents will also appreciate the rear platform -- no more lifting a heavier older child in and out of the stroller when they want to sit or get tired. The rear stand-on platform and the rear bench seat are designed for a child that is at least 2 1/2 years old but less than 40 inches tall. The Caboose comes fully-equipped with a universal car seat attachment system that accommodates an infant car seat in front, so it can be used with a brand new arrival. The front seat has two positions. The fully upright position should only be used for a child that is at least six months old. This stroller is lightweight and folds up compactly. It also has a large basket and storage pockets to carry all the essentials.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009XBXIQ/ref=pd_sbs_ba_1/103-4925681-2691809?v=glance&s=baby

A double stroller will take up a lot of space in your room, the hall way, the elevators and might make your life difficult.

You have every right to enjoy this cruise too! Make sure you look at all the options available to you.

Beth

Beth - I've never heard of this little attachment. I looked at the picture - do you have one? Does it attach to any stroller?

I forgot to mention that we do have a sit n stand, just a touch bigger and heavier than the second link you've sent. We thought about that too, but to be honest, it's the same weight as our double stroller and only a slight bit smaller.

Like this:

http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?lGen=detail&itemID=1622&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=1622&change=117&cm_ven=Inktomi&cm_cat=Gear&cm_pla=Strollers&cm_ite=null

You will have more room to manuver down ship's hallways. And when you are in port, not all ports of call have even pedestrian walkways, so we had to get the child out of the stroller and have him/her walk while we carry the stroller. So the lighter (and narrower) the stroller, the better.

Beth - I've never heard of this little attachment. I looked at the picture - do you have one? Does it attach to any stroller?

I forgot to mention that we do have a sit n stand, just a touch bigger and heavier than the second link you've sent. We thought about that too, but to be honest, it's the same weight as our double stroller and only a slight bit smaller.

Like this:

http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?lGen=detail&itemID=1622&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=1622&change=117&cm_ven=Inktomi&cm_cat=Gear&cm_pla=Strollers&cm_ite=null

I had an older simuliar model back in the 1980's. It hooks on to the back of the stoller. This newer model looks nicer and very sturdy. The nice thing about this little attachment is you can remove it when not in use. Now my boys loved the whole idea of riding behind the current baby.

Beth

Like this:

I had an older model back in the 1980's when my 5 older boys were little. This new mode looks nicer and sturdier too. My now big boys loved to ride on the back and would take turns. The other advantage to the hook model is being able to store it when not in use.

Beth

Archived