New to Royal Caribbean

Hi, we have cruised on Celebrity, Princess and Marella (we’re from UK). 

We are thinking about booking with RC from New York up to Canada and back. We want to stay 2 nights in NY first. I have several questions.

How easy is it to get from Manhattan to the port?

Is anytime dining available?

Can we put credit into our on board account prior to sailing?

And how does Royal Caribbean compare to the companies we’ve sailed with previously? 

Thank you

Best to ask NYC area questions on the East Coast forum:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/317-east-coast-departures/

Anytime dining (called My Time) is available.  You can put credit on your account by calling Royal.

For comparisons, do a search in this forum using the names of those other cruise lines.

On the sailings I've done from Bayonne, you can UBER or hire a car service from Manhattan to the port.  Keep in mind that this won't be cheap.  Friends who have stayed in midtown Manhattan have seen UBER prices of about $100 US.  I would assume a car service would be a bit more.

Celebrity and Princess will have been a bit more sedate, and Celebrity's food a step up.  Royal Caribbean's entertainment is generally better.

We’ve been on 20 Celebrity cruises and did our first Royal Caribbean this past June. It was on the Adventure of the Seas, from Bayonne (Port Liberty) to Maine and Canada for six nights. 

I can’t tell you about getting to the port  from NYC. We drove two hours from our home on Long Island. Parking and embarkation were so very easy. 

They did have anytime dining but we ( three couples ) chose the late set time at 8:15. 

We were very impressed with RCCL! Although I would rate the food on Celebrity a little better, I found the staff friendly and helpful. The shows in the theater were comparable but the ice skating show was amazing, not to be missed. 

We also think the RCCL prices were a bit more reasonable than Celebrity. While on board, we booked the Oasis for us and our son’s family. Again leaving from Bayonne in June. 

Have a great trip- enjoy the city and the cruise!