Turtle Farm - Enough time?

Wooshers

Carnival has an excursion to do the Stingrays that goes at 11am.  We're in port from 7am to 3pm and was thinking about getting off asap and taking the bus to the turtle farm just to walk around and hold some turtles.  Do you think it would be worth it to do for maybe an hour and half or so and how long is the bus ride to the farm?  Do you think we'd have enough time to make it back by 11am or should I consider the more expensive tour that would do both that includes a trip to hell.

We went in 2017 and spent about 1.5 hours there. We booked a tour and got transportation. We arrived at the farm at 2 pm and on the tender boat back to the ship at 3:50 pm. We walked around, took pictures of the turtles, held the baby turtles and bought souvenirs. The farm opens at 8 am. If you get there at opening, you should be fine. I am not sure how easy to get a taxi from the farm though. 

Have fun planning!

We booked an independent tour.

Edited by AngelDisney
To add more info

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

AngelDisney, did you book a private tour? If you did who through.

We are going with 8m, 1yr, 2-3 yr old and a 5yr old who I think would love the turtle farm.  I would like someone who can accommodate a group of 15 people including the kids.

We booked on our own. It’s actually not really a tour but a round-trip shuttle transfer from cruise dock to the turtle farm plus admission. We checked in at the port terminal dock (they have a booth there); then a car came to pick us up (with another couple who were visiting the brewery). We were told when we would be picked up and where to meet them after the tour. We stayed for about 2 hours and there was enough time for us to check out everything. We love holding the baby turtles. The company was very good at answering my inquiries via email. Our cruise had to change its itinerary due to a storm. We were informed at embarkation. I was able to email the company to request a date change for our booking. They were able to switch dates for us. You can contact them about how they can accommodate a big group like yours. The price is about double of the turtle center admission. I thought about booking directly with the turtle centre and getting there by bus to save money, but eventually I picked this tour for less hassle. The company is called discountexcursions.com. You click on Grand Cayman then land tours then you will see turtle center tour which includes transport and free entry to the dolphin park now (this is new). Hope this help! Have fun planning!!