Road To Hana

alec n

We tendered in Lahaina, got picked up to go north (10-15 min away) to pick up van, then head south. It was an all day trip to drive around to Kahului, then onto the road to Hana.

We stopped at many places. We used a guide book, and a CD. Both provided the same info. We end up using the info from the guidebook more because we started with it , made notes, and it was easier to read and know where you are overall.

It was a beautiful drive. We stopped at many places, hiked, went into the water at the Black Sand Beach... Would be better to do the trip in 2-days.

We went beyond Oheo Gulch and the Seven sacred pools to drive all the way around. Got back to Lahaina by about 8pm.

we drove the road to hana last june and plan to do it again w. our family this june, we were on the road all day, we drove all the way to lindburgs grave and back, we also stopped @ every single stop maui revealed book told us. If you choose which stops to do before going you can do this drive in 3-4 hrs, but I am a waterfall junkie so my DH was having a fit that he had to drive out of there after dark:rolleyes: , but he did it with a :) . just enjoy the scenery and do not worry if you do not see it all.:D

rnprincess: I have to say that I think the only way you could do the road to Hana, all the way to Lindburgh's grave, and back in 3 to 4 hours would be to drive as fast as possible--probably speeding--with no stops. In fact, I just don't see how it could be done that fast. It's easily 2 hours to Hana not including enough stops to make it worth the drive; there's just no way I can see this trip being done in 3 to 4 hours. As always, JMHO and our experience.

beachchick

Archived