Discounts on Disney fares...oxymoron?

joshkathy

I would love to cruise this April on Disney with my family but the prices are way higher than other cruise lines...in particular RCCL which I would love to take but found out they allow smoking in cabins (extremely sensitive). Does anyone know if fares are ever discounted on this cruise line?

• 3 weeks later...
I would love to cruise this April on Disney with my family but the prices are way higher than other cruise lines...in particular RCCL which I would love to take but found out they allow smoking in cabins (extremely sensitive). Does anyone know if fares are ever discounted on this cruise line?
Cruise in the Fall! Get on your computer, take your children out of school on a geography lesson, and criuse in the Fall! And if you like your Fall cruise re-book on board. So many cruisers miss this savings. April e$pensive, fall re$onable! :) Metrowon!

Check out Sept/Oct, on DCL. Metrowon

Disney charges more, but you get what you pay for.

They don't sell as much alcohol and don't have gambling to help subsidize the costs.

If you have any local travel shows, you can often get some sort of special fare plus a stateroom credit by booking at it. We did this for both of our Disney cruises.

Be flexible for when you want to travel. We've gotten great rates for traveling in October. We also book cheaper staterooms (Category 12 Guarantee) to save money. On our last cruise we were upgraded to an oceanview.

I got a good deal with a travel agent and it was considerably less than Disney direct because they matched another agency's quote. :D It was a triangle thing. I looked on disney's web site to get a general idea, then looked at an agency listed here's web site which gave a good deal then I took it to the agent I know and trust. TA even threw in a small shipboard credit, but that may be because I'm a repeat client. I don't know how it works behind the scenes, but I'm very happy. Would you like my e-mail for more info? I'd rather not post it on the board. While I've never cruised, I have many friends that have. The consensus is about the same. RCCL is good, but DCL seems to do it better. DCL doesn't do anything halfway so I moved from RCI to DCL. :p I should've booked DCL right out of the shoot.

When I booked yesterday they tol me all the cabins are non smoking. I hope they are right.
Cabins are non-smoking, Verandas are not. Smokers can smoke on their Veranda , suites. That is outside, on the Veranda. You can also see dolphin at night over the stabilizers. METROWON

I got a good deal with a travel agent and it was considerably less than Disney direct because they matched another agency's quote. :D It was a triangle thing. I looked on disney's web site to get a general idea, then looked at an agency listed here's web site which gave a good deal then I took it to the agent I know and trust. TA even threw in a small shipboard credit, but that may be because I'm a repeat client. I don't know how it works behind the scenes, but I'm very happy. Would you like my e-mail for more info? I'd rather not post it on the board. While I've never cruised, I have many friends that have. The consensus is about the same. RCCL is good, but DCL seems to do it better. DCL doesn't do anything halfway so I moved from RCI to DCL. :p I should've booked DCL right out of the shoot.
Whatever you got off, should be based on the same week With Dcl, because all ot the discounts are based on July 4th, and Christmas cruise Dollars. General idea, doesn't work. Do week for week! Metrowon

Whatever you got off, should be based on the same week With Dcl, because all ot the discounts are based on July 4th, and Christmas cruise Dollars. General idea, doesn't work. Do week for week! Metrowon

I guess I'm not understanding your post. :confused: I did the comparison of DCL direct with travel agency for the same week and category. It wasn't 40% off as that would've been really nice. :) This first agency may have bought these rooms at wholesale/group rates and is now selling them to the public. I don't know what the case is, but my TA was able to secure it at their rate. I got a kick back and I'm happy. Just having experienced disney in the past, they're not going to give up a discount unless you know about it. Is there another place I could check for even better deals? I'm all ears. :D

I guess I'm not understanding your post. :confused: I did the comparison of DCL direct with travel agency for the same week and category. It wasn't 40% off as that would've been really nice. :) This first agency may have bought these rooms at wholesale/group rates and is now selling them to the public. I don't know what the case is, but my TA was able to secure it at their rate. I got a kick back and I'm happy. Just having experienced disney in the past, they're not going to give up a discount unless you know about it. Is there another place I could check for even better deals? I'm all ears. :D

Group Rates always save you money - they're the best. I did not book with a group on my first cruise but then met up with a group of cruisers on the DISboards and ended up booking with them for our 2006 trip. I'm not sure how your TA got it at the group rate but that's fabulous - perhaps they worked out a deal with the other TA?

It doesn't hurt to contact TA's to see if they have some group rates - doesn't mean you have to actually know the people....but you're sure to by the time you're done!!!:D

And yes...early booking saves you big time since your rates are secured at booking and won't go up when prices rise...

I think I got a something like a group rate. Some agencies buy blocks of rooms to sell in addition to organizing group cruises. I think that's why they were much cheaper then DCL direct.

I'd have to agree to book early. I'm paying a lot more for booking only 4 months in advance, but it was still cheaper than my last Disney vacation! :D

I think I got a something like a group rate. Some agencies buy blocks of rooms to sell in addition to organizing group cruises. I think that's why they were much cheaper then DCL direct.

I'd have to agree to book early. I'm paying a lot more for booking only 4 months in advance, but it was still cheaper than my last Disney vacation! :D

Just booked my Nov 2007 Eastern...grabbed savings while I could....of course I'll check it out while onboard this Nov and see if I can save any more...;)

• 2 weeks later...
Good choice, think about re-booking on board. Best deal available anywhere. Period. Metrowon

While I've never cruised, I have many friends that have. The consensus is about the same. RCCL is good, but DCL seems to do it better. DCL doesn't do anything halfway so I moved from RCI to DCL. :p I should've booked DCL right out of the shoot.

In the end, the only opinion that matters is your own.

We've been on two DCL cruises and most recently RCCL. DCL was good for when our daughter was young. However, the second 7 night DCL cruise was a bit much for me. By day 5/6 I had enough.

Our RCCL cruise was spectacular - the entire family had a blast as there were many more activities that were geared to the whole family. They had the kids club, and no doubt it didn't stack up to DCL's, but, the fact that there was so much more for everyone more than compensated.

Overall, you will find that all the cruise lines do a good job - some better than others in different areas. But, they do all do a good job - how would the industry be doing so well if they didn't? You have many repeat cruisers on all the cruise lines - so they are all doing something right.

Enjoy your cruise.

Howard

Archived