Constellation Review Jan 21 Aruba Itinerary

jbrentf

Hi all, just back today from Constellation. Here is a quick review.

4 Adults & 4 other cabins with adults/kids.

STATEROOM 9030 Balcony 2A

We maxed luggage storage out, but survived. I personnally slept in the upper and it was the best sleep I have ever had. My dad and I ended up showering the spa as it was easier. Our room steward Rebecca was the best I have ever had (my 7th cruise). We cleared the Fridge out of all the expensive junk and stored our waters and pop. However, as much as staff tried it still never got cold enough for us. Beach towels & robes were a nice touch.

DINING

1st seating at 6pm. We had a group of 5 cabins and someone was always running 10-15 mins. late, but Bandasak & Jose took really good care of our table for 12 (table 449) & table of 6 kids (459). Here is a breakdown of quality. Appetizers - Excellent; Soups/Salads/Desert - Average. Main Entree - Very Good. Plan on spending at least 90-100 minutes for dinner.

ALTERNATE DINING

$30. Worth it once. Try the goat cheese souflee. Nice atmosphere. Not sure the quality of food is any better than main dining. No kids < 12.

BUFFET

Ate Lunch 2x & Breakfast every day. I consider the Celebrity buffet's average (Princess is the best). I like the fact they provide Lemondae, OJ, etc...

POOLS

Thalassotheropy pool is a nice touch - very warm and warmer than the hot tubs. Hot tubs were never warm enough. Outdoor pools were typical cruise ship saltwater fare (Oh how I love those Princess freshwater pools).

SPA

Nice facilities for showering and shaving. Public sauna was nice. My mom had a facial and really loved it (Her Christmas present). However, I do my massages on the islands - I received 2 massages on the islands for $80 (85 minutes total). Celebrity charges $109 on port days for 50 minutes. Quality is just as good in my opinion.

ENTERTAINMENT

Average - Again, Princess is better in my opinion. Cirque was #1 of anything I have ever seen on cruises though. Also, I would recommend the magician and comedian. The other singing/dancing shows are just average.

Perry in Michaels Club piano bar was a treat as was the 4 Sound Quartet from Poland (Violin, Piano, Base). All else was average.

PORTS

ST MAARTEN - great shopping, great beach (Orient) w/ good surf & did a massage there.

DOMINICA - Nature in the wild; Did High Hopes / High Ropes - Best shore excursion I ever have done. $84. Very strenuous though. Toured with Phillip in the afternoon (privately arranged - see Dominica boards). He was great. Swam in the Emarld Pool & Trafalgar Falls.

ST LUCIA - 3 1/2 hour island tour with Fabian Phillip (again privately arranged - see St Lucia boards). Saw the Pitons & Drive-In Volcano. Bathed in the Sulphur mud baths (awesome)

ISLE MARGARITA - Beach day at El Aqua. Arranged our own taxi for $20 pp. Recommend taking the beach shore exc. for $19 which includes a chair. 1 HOUR each way. Ship didn't clear until 8:20am so we didn't get much time there. I wish they would skip this island, do a sea day and spend more time in Aruba.

ARUBA

Played golf at Tierra de Sol For $110 at Noon ($145 before Noon). $20 fixed taxi ride 1-way. Wish I had more time in Aruba, but I will play this golf course everytime I'm there.

SEA DAY - this is a more mature crowd and the activities were more subdued. Nothing like Princess or NCL, but that is what this group wants.

EMBARK & DISEMBARK

left the Carib Hilton at 11:30 and there were already people on at Noon.

we did the American airlines valet for $10 (well worth it and even saves you $ on the cab ride) and were first off at 8:20am. Caught our 10:22 flight out of San Juan.

Overall, a very delightful cruise. I would sail Constellation again. Service was excellent.

Please let me know if you have any ?'s

We are also just back from the 1/21 sailing. Nice review above, and we agree for the most part. We had late seating for dinner and had good luck with everything we ordered-it was the best food of our 3 recent cruises. We were a little disappointed with the "Exotic Nature" tour through the ship in Margarita Isle--they took us shopping! :( Other than that Celebrity has always done a wonderful job as far as we're concerned. And not one sign of yellow water anywhere that we saw (we were on the 8th deck). I can't wait to go again!

Several of us on the December 10th, 2005 sailing noticed on more than one occasion that the water coming out of the taps in the bathroom sink was definitively yellow. I complained to a ship's officer and also emailed Celebrity after the cruise. I never got an answer other than that they take on water in several ports and that they'd "look into it". Better not brush your teeth in that water. I made the mistake of washing some clothing items out in the bathroom sink and all of them got permanent yellow stains on them. No, no joke. :eek:

Archived