St. Peter House New Orleans

footballmom

Has anyone stayed at the St. Peter House in New Orleans??? It advertises as a small hotel in the French Quarter. Not luxury, but with lots of personality. Not many amenities, but a really low rate and walking distance to lots of stuff. We're not looking for luxury, just a place to sleep for a couple of nights before cruising......any thoughts?? A couple of places have been recommended on this site, but they're already booked for our cruise weekend. Thanks for the help.

St. Peter House

from

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60864-d89140-Reviews-St_Peter_House-New_Orleans_Louisiana.cink_html

A favorite retreat for the seasoned traveler,

from

http://www.crescent-city.org/

Centrally located in the French Quarter,

from

http://clients.neworleans.com/lamothe/stpeter.html

USS Chilton APA-38 1966-1968

USS Guam LPH-9 1968-1970

Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001 Bermuda

Golden Princess Dec 7 2002 "Eastern Caribbean"

Coral Princess Dec 9 2003 "Panama Canal"

Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004

NOT UPDATED again 25 Feb www.geocities.com/fsbsdel

To be perfectly honest, I would not recommend this hotel, although I haven't stayed there. I've heard a couple of people say it just isn't as clean as you want a room to be. So.......? My daughter lives about a block or so away toward Jackson Square, and I've passed by the hotel several times.

I suggest you go to Priceline and put in a bid for The Bourbon Inn, corner of Bourbon and Toulouse. Great hotel, and perfect location for staying in the Quarter.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

I have stayed at the St. Peter house before and although the prices are good, it really wasn't very clean. Last December spent some pre-cruise time at the Iberville Suites for $99/nt. It is the back half of the Ritz-Carlton, and is owned and run by the Ritz. The price includes a wonderful buffet breakfast. You might want to check their prices out at www.ibervillesuites.com.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;5;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

June 5th - Queen Mary 2 Westbound Transatlantic

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

November 22nd - Sun Princess Eastern Caribbean

Archived