RCCL, Holland or NC for Alaska cruise?

dt3066

1 hour ago, Langley Cruisers said:

Hi buddy. 😊 I was surprised and delighted to see that Ovation has been porting in Victoria for most of the day, either noon - 10 pm, or 8 am - 6 pm. I said to hubby that I was glad folks would get to spend some quality time at the Gardens. We did our usual yummy lunch at Red Fish Blue Fish, Rogers Chocolates for Victoria Creams, and walked the breakwater, which now has guard rails, thank you very much! It was completely wide open when I was but a youth.  🤣 Good thing I or none of my friends ever fell off.

Those are decent Victoria times alright, better than most - but that long in Victoria just means even more hours that have to get sliced out of the Alaskan ports, and I doubt that Victoria is deemed more important than any actual AK ports by more than a handful of cruisers, delightful as it is to play English Expat Retiree Poker (RP accent, blue rinse, hat, pearls, and gloves = Full House).

The beer scene is better than the entire state of Alaska's of course, but even I have difficulty justifying a long day in Vic on a 7 day cruise for that reason!!! 😉