Runaway Bay

cotton32563

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I really don't remember how far it was from the port, I'd say about 7 miles, could be wrong - we were having so much fun chatting with our cab driver and taking in the very interesting sights - we paid $20 (including $5 tip) for 3 of us to get there in a very comfy van with a great driver (apparently the standard is that you negotiate with the drivers at the port where they pick you up - there is no set rates like in the USA, and our driver, Tony, also picked us up at the end of the day at our pre-determined time & spot, the drivers are very good about this here, and some of them will even do some shopping for you (rum) and just charge you for the actual cost, I'm sure because they know you will tip graciously, especially if you did when they dropped you off and made your purchase and pick up times known (feel like I'll despise NYC cabbies forever now). Aside from our (cheap & outstanding) liquor, we paid another $15 for the ride back, and tipped $25 for the extra deluxe service. Drivers will pick up at an appointed time, and actually be there, regardless of tip, they are honorable on this isle.

-E

You'll LOVE Runaway Bay beach!!

some pics:

uise262antiguaelectronicsstore-vi.jpg?500375

some shops on the way - a lawyers office and a convinience store

nawaybeachBush2makingusbaskets-vi.jpg?374500

Bush One making us some baskets (great guy!!!)

iguarunawaybeachpeopleonhorses-2-vi.jpg?500375

horseback riding on the beach (others stopping for photos)

Archived