Celebrity Solstice Male Sauna

mblumenthal

Hi

Is there a free male sauna on the Solstice or has it been taken over by the "Spa Team" and cost an arm and a leg to use. On a 26 day cruise and the cost of the "Spa" is ridiculous.

Someone told me there me there was a small one in the men's change room?

What about on the Edge? I also enjoy the sauna and do not want upgrade to AQ on a 15 day Transatlantic......Thank You for any feedback. I have been trolling CC and YouTube vidoes for any mention of Saunas in the Mens and Ladies Changing Rooms on Edge.

9 hours ago, Jacka__53 said:

What about on the Edge? I also enjoy the sauna and do not want upgrade to AQ on a 15 day Transatlantic......Thank You for any feedback. I have been trolling CC and YouTube vidoes for any mention of Saunas in the Mens and Ladies Changing Rooms on Edge.

No, there is no free sauna on Edge in the Men's or Ladie's changing rooms. Sorry! I was extremely disappointed. We were Aqua class and had free access to the Spa on Edge. But EVERYTHING was co-ed. This was the first Celebrity ship to not offer single-sex free saunas adjacent to their changing areas. They are also seriously downgrading the free saunas on the M class ships as they are retrofitted. Now inside with no window to the ocean - and only holds maybe 4 people. 

Thank you for that update! I always found the single-sex saunas much more purposeful than the saunas in the Persian Garden or Thermal Spa which never seemed hot enough. Big disappointment!

On 8/27/2019 at 4:38 AM, twodjs said:

Yes, the sauna in the men's locker room area is free to use. Thank goodness they haven't touched it yet.

Are the saunas in the locker rooms clothing optional (as is traditional in Europe) or not? 

Thanks

Yes, some wear swim suits or gym shorts, some towels and some just use the towel to sit on. Then there is always the person who shows up in sweat pants, hat, shoes, etc. Interesting how much more conservative many from the U.S. tend to be. 

• Like 2

@twodjs thanks, that’s useful info. I much prefer to sauna in the buff sat on a towel, it’s much more natural. I do understand that can be a bit of a culture shock for some - including here in the UK. Throughout much of Europe nude is the norm, including co-ed, and no-one cares. Thanks again.