Cave-Tubing in Belize

vernamay

A group of of 6 of us just got back from our cruise on Carnival Miracle. We booked an excursion in Belize on the internet before we left on "Cave-tubing.com". Because of rough waters, we were late an our hour or so getting into Belize. It didn't matter though because they were there waiting for us. We followed them to our tour bus. It was clean and nice just like the website indicated. Junior was our tour guide as Yhony drove us around the city before heading for the cave site. We stoped off at a place called "cheers" where Junior picked up a bottle of Cashew Wine. He gave anyone that wanted a small sample of it - too warm us up. It was wonderful.

We were guaranteed to leave our things on the bus and they would not be distrubed if you didn't want it to get wet. Which we did and it was all very safe.

The only thing I would recommed a must have for this trip is good walking shoes if it rains. Water shoes are good but they're not so good for walking in the mud. I have the record for falling and have the bruises to show for it. It's about a mile up, but it's not hard at all. The only other things I had were my swimming suit a cover-up, which I knew would get wet, sunglasses and a water camera. That way when I got back to the bus, I could change into my warm clothes because there is a restroom and changing rooms at the bottom.

The scenery is spectacular! Junior said we might see some animals, but we saw none - no bats, nothing. And he said none would harm us if we did see them.

Once in the cave and water, you are hooked one to another in your group. They have a guide for each group. Some areas of the cave are deep, but we never knew because our feet never touched down. Some areas were shallow and they would yell out "butts up". And you better go up or you might hit a rock.

As you are traversing down you see where those that booked from the ship come in the caves (a lot father down than where we jump in) and you also see where they come up. We go father down the stream.

I know other people on our ship we met that booked the cave-tubing on the ship. They didn't have as much fun as we did. And they paid $85 where we only paid $45.

My only disappointment was we didn't have enough time to have lunch at "cheers" at the end. Because our wonderful tour group didn't want us to be late catching the tender for our ship. We actually ended up having 45 minutes to spare. Another disappointment is I only purchased one bottle of the cashew wine to take home because of the restrictions :(. I'm already out.

If anyone has any comments or questions, please feel free to ask. This is one excursion I definitely want to repeat. Hopefully next time when the sun is shinning! And above all only booked it through THE WONDERFUL GUYS AT "CAVE-TUBING.COM". Safety is their number one concern!

You'll have the most fun as we did!!!

• 4 weeks later...
A group of of 6 of us just got back from our cruise on Carnival Miracle. We booked an excursion in Belize on the internet before we left on "Cave-tubing.com". Because of rough waters, we were late an our hour or so getting into Belize. It didn't matter though because they were there waiting for us. We followed them to our tour bus. It was clean and nice just like the website indicated. Junior was our tour guide as Yhony drove us around the city before heading for the cave site. We stoped off at a place called "cheers" where Junior picked up a bottle of Cashew Wine. He gave anyone that wanted a small sample of it - too warm us up. It was wonderful.

We were guaranteed to leave our things on the bus and they would not be distrubed if you didn't want it to get wet. Which we did and it was all very safe.

The only thing I would recommed a must have for this trip is good walking shoes if it rains. Water shoes are good but they're not so good for walking in the mud. I have the record for falling and have the bruises to show for it. It's about a mile up, but it's not hard at all. The only other things I had were my swimming suit a cover-up, which I knew would get wet, sunglasses and a water camera. That way when I got back to the bus, I could change into my warm clothes because there is a restroom and changing rooms at the bottom.

The scenery is spectacular! Junior said we might see some animals, but we saw none - no bats, nothing. And he said none would harm us if we did see them.

Once in the cave and water, you are hooked one to another in your group. They have a guide for each group. Some areas of the cave are deep, but we never knew because our feet never touched down. Some areas were shallow and they would yell out "butts up". And you better go up or you might hit a rock.

As you are traversing down you see where those that booked from the ship come in the caves (a lot father down than where we jump in) and you also see where they come up. We go father down the stream.

I know other people on our ship we met that booked the cave-tubing on the ship. They didn't have as much fun as we did. And they paid $85 where we only paid $45.

My only disappointment was we didn't have enough time to have lunch at "cheers" at the end. Because our wonderful tour group didn't want us to be late catching the tender for our ship. We actually ended up having 45 minutes to spare. Another disappointment is I only purchased one bottle of the cashew wine to take home because of the restrictions :(. I'm already out.

If anyone has any comments or questions, please feel free to ask. This is one excursion I definitely want to repeat. Hopefully next time when the sun is shinning! And above all only booked it through THE WONDERFUL GUYS AT "CAVE-TUBING.COM". Safety is their number one concern!

If a

If a person h

Some say the water is cool. Would it be weird to bring a wet suit?

You could do a wet suit, but probably not necessary. I'm very cold natured and I was worried about the H20 temp too. Here's what I did: I wore a bathing suit under quick-dry nylon shorts with a short sleeve T-shirt. Instead of jumping into the river where I would have gotten soaked from head to toe, the guide helped me onto my tube and I was able to keep most of my upper body dry. I think this helped me stay warmer. Also - you'll be so absorbed in the excursion you'll soon forget about the cool temp. When we returned I changed into dry clothes. No worries!

I am thinking of booking with Cave-Tubing.com but I am a little concerned after reading your group only had 45 minutes to spare for the last tender.

What time did you meet up with Yhony and how long did the whole trip take?

I do not want to book this thru the cruiseline but at least they guarantee the ship will wait for us if there some unforseen delay getting back for the tender

I have booked with cave-tubing.com myself and am concerned about the length of the trip (I am a paranoid person :) ). Of course they post that their trip is 5 hours vs. our ship (Carnival Miracle) trip time of 7 hours. So our family is hoping to tender as quickly as possible.

How long did it take to actually tender and reach the tour group and what was the actual length of your tour?

We are booked for March 30 and only have 4 people so unless we have at least one more, the price is $55.

Could you please tell me also what the tender rules were? Did Carnival make you wait until their shore excursion people got off the ship. If so, how long did it take for your turn to disembark?

Did he happen to mention what tubbing was like in the dry season, like April?

Thanks so much,

Michelle

I just returned from traveling on the Carnival Valor, and I was also very nervous about the tendering. We had no problems tendering in Belize. Carnival was very good about getting those who were not on a Carnival tour tendered in a timely fashion. The key to having a problem-free tender is to get there as early as you can. If the boat docks at 8 am then your tendering begins around 8:30. If your are there at 8:15 you will have no problems at all. They give you a sticker and that's the order you go in.

We also did the cave tubing adventure with cave-tubing.com. We were extremely happy with our choice. It was a little tricky to find (Be sure to go through the main buildings/shops. They will be behind that, and then they will take you to the bus (2 min walk). If you don't have water shoes you can rent them there for $3. (We did this but I was completely disgusted the whole time thinking about the previous wearers. I would bring my own next time. Better yet wear Teva's they would probably be more comfortable.) On the way back some people wanted to stop to eat (the minority) so to please everyone we stopped for about 15 mins and they got their's to go. We had about an hour or more to shop when we got back.

We were in Belize from 8 to 5. That means those who did not book a tour with Carnival could get a sticker to tender at 8:30 (if you are really worried I would go at about 8:15). We were called to be tendered about 10 or 15 mins later and it took about 10 or 15 mins to get to Belize. Once we found the person representing cave-tubing.com we went to the bus where we waited about another 10 or 15 mins (until the bus was full, so if you are really early you will probably wait on the bus longer). I think it took about 45 min to 1 hr to get to the caves. The last tender also left 30 mins before you were scheduled to leave (in our case 4:30).

We were in Belize from 8 to 5. That means those who did not book a tour with Carnival could get a sticker to tender at 8:30 (if you are really worried I would go at about 8:15). We were called to be tendered about 10 or 15 mins later and it took about 10 or 15 mins to get to Belize. Once we found the person representing cave-tubing.com we went to the bus where we waited about another 10 or 15 mins (until the bus was full, so if you are really early you will probably wait on the bus longer). I think it took about 45 min to 1 hr to get to the caves. The last tender also left 30 mins before you were scheduled to leave (in our case 4:30).

Thanks!!! Exactly what I wanted to know! Now I am just counting down the days until my trip (Carnival Miracle on March 26)

I just returned from traveling on the Carnival Valor, and I was also very nervous about the tendering. We had no problems tendering in Belize. Carnival was very good about getting those who were not on a Carnival tour tendered in a timely fashion. The key to having a problem-free tender is to get there as early as you can. If the boat docks at 8 am then your tendering begins around 8:30. If your are there at 8:15 you will have no problems at all. They give you a sticker and that's the order you go in.

We also did the cave tubing adventure with cave-tubing.com. We were extremely happy with our choice. It was a little tricky to find (Be sure to go through the main buildings/shops. They will be behind that, and then they will take you to the bus (2 min walk). If you don't have water shoes you can rent them there for $3. (We did this but I was completely disgusted the whole time thinking about the previous wearers. I would bring my own next time. Better yet wear Teva's they would probably be more comfortable.) On the way back some people wanted to stop to eat (the minority) so to please everyone we stopped for about 15 mins and they got their's to go. We had about an hour or more to shop when we got back.

I think my family was on your bus! My group of 7 had 2 people (including me) in the minority to eat at Cheers. I actually had time to eat in the restaurant. We had a blast and the food was very good. The rest of my group had snacks (chips and ice cream) and we all sampled the cashew wine.

I just returned from the Legend. We used cave-tubing.com and had a great time. We were in Belize from 7:30 to 4Pm. The last tender left at 3:15. We called the info desk when we found out that unless you were on a carnival tour you couldn't leave the ship till 9. The person said just go to the area for the tours and join them. We got there at 7:45 with the rest of them and showed the carnival people our resevation for the cave-tubing.com and got on the same tender as the carnival tour. Junior and Timmy took us (5 people) in a van, while the tour went in a bus. The roads are not perfect so we arrived 20 to 30 minutes ahead of the tours, the bus can't drive as fast. We went higher up an went through more caves than the carnival tour and finished faster. Since we could drive faster, we got back to the port with 2 and 1/2 hours left for shopping. We did not stop at cheers for lunch, becuse we wanted more shopping time. I would recommend these guys to anyone.

Archived