credit after final payment?

dawnc

OK, I know this has been gone through before, but I can't find it!!

At what point would you call and ask about onboard credit after final payment? Our cruise was sold out with nothing available for a while, but shortly after final payments were due, a bunch of rooms opened up, actually at a higher cost than what we paid. This morning, I checked and the per person price is down $35. We don't want an upgrade, we picked adjoining cabins for a reason and it doesn't appear that there are any adjoining cabins in a higher category anyway.

Should I wait and see how much more it drops or call now? I don't want to drive them crazy with a lot of calls from me every time I see a drop, but I don't want to lose out if it's something I can possibly get. Since it is a new ship and sailing from Baltimore, I can see the possibility of it selling out again, with the prices possibly going back up.

For those who have been through this, what do you think? I have never played this game before!

Dawn

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400 until Carnival Miracle 5/23

8/2002 Carnival Triumph (Canada)

5/2003 Carnival Triumph (E. Car.)

10/2003 Norwegian Dawn (Bahamas)

We had price drop on our cruise twice. I called both times and was given onboard with no problem. We booked with Carnival so not sure if that makes any difference.

lesliew

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;25;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we sail on PARADISE 04/25/04

I book directly with Carnival PVP, as well. I've gotten two nice shipboard credits after final payments. I call whenever I see a price drop.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Archived